• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Xavier Rose: A time with the Green all-rounder By Lee King

We got a word with Xavier while watching the Blues and Blacks clash.

Xavier Rose surged onto the CWXI scene as a pace and spin bowler but his Pace bowling helped the Greens along and was one of a trio of young Greens: Rose, Chaulk and Toogood.

LK: Xavier, what was it like to be part of this trio of talented 3 young players?

XR:It was pretty great. Toogood was the better of us three but that's only because he could bat better.Ash is a pretty good wickie too and i'm no slouch with the ball.Our arrivals gave CW Green a shot in the arm and gave us a league title but because we had to do CW duty, we weren't able to get the other titles.Both Chaulk and Toogood are with other teams now and the greens struggled for a while without them but we've got some equally talented replacements.

LK: What did you think about Toogood's amazing first season and the subsequent tours?

XR:Toogood's season was astounding.It was as if he'd been playing for years.It certainly helped the Greens out a lot in our times of struggle.He was at the top in batting and a pretty handy bowler too.Memory's a little hazy with regards to the tours.They weren't as explosive as the Dev league but they were ok.

One of Xavier's best matches in Season 6 came against Blue on the 4th May in a OD match at Basin Reserve. Rose took the new ball with Umpire Money and ripped through the top 4: StUEy(15), Dylan Jellett(1st ball 0), Jamee999(1), C Buts(1st ball 0). He returned to remove Chris Broadbent for 1. 20/4 was the score after Buts was dismissed 29 balls into the innings.

LK: Your efforts in that match was one of the highlights of Season 6. How did you feel running in with Blue at 11/3 and 20/4?

XR: It was wonderful.Seeing the opposition in tatters off my bowling and i'm just a rookie.Things like that get you noticed.Surprised that it took that long to get that 4th wicket though.Puts a real pep in your step as a bowler and helps out the other guys on the team.

LK: This season you've not being quite as dominating as last but you've still been an important part of the Green Team. What do you want to achieve this season?

XR:That's true that i've not been dominating as much.Must be the sophmore blues.This season, it's all about three things.1)Getting the Greens a couple of trophies.2)Being in the top 5 of the bowling lists and 3)Affirming a place in the CWXI Test team and gaining selection in the OD eam.

LK: This season the Greens keeping has switched around a lot. Do you like keepers to be the same or do you enjoy the challenge of bowling to several keepers?

XR:It's always good tohave a set person to bowl with.Also, I relish that challenge of bowling to different keepers.I still prefer though to build a bond with just one set keeper as that always makes a bowler bowl better.Knowing the woes of the Greens keeping this season though i just had to learn to live with it.

LK: Who in the CWXI system do you a) love bowling to b) hate bowling to c) like batting against d) hate batting against?

XR: Ok. That's kind of hard.Let me see, a)That'd have to be Broncoman.We had some unfinished business from club cricket. b)Former teammates.You build bonds with them and then they get traded and you have to try to get them out. c)Halsey.He's a spinner and he was with me at the top of the bowling averages last season. d) Neil Pickup.He's a spinner too but a good one.Experienced too.

Thankyou Xavier it's been nice talking to you and we better get back to watching the Blues vs Blacks clash.

cbuts

International Debutant
we need to do more ints. this area has been real quiet latly, and they are always good reads. keep em coming boys

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
DAILY BLAST

Markus Drug Scandal Resurfaces

Allegations of use of illegal substances by Ian Markus have been revisited by the ICC today, with new evidence supposedly having been brought into play. In a press conference this morning, statements were made that an unidentified Dev League player has testified against Markus.

In Season 6, the accusations first arose and resulted coupled with a temporary ban from Dev League cricket as imposed by the ICC. However, the case was put away on lack of substantial evidence. Now that such allegations have returned, the ICC has not yet imposed a like ban, but may do so if the case develops.

Markus, now the captain of Cricket Web Red, has not yet been reached for comment, but the management of Red has released the statement:

"We stand firmly behind Markus as a role model, a player and a captain and have no intentions of dismissing him from the captaincy on what is purely circumstantial evidence. There is no doubt in our minds that he is innocent and will be proven so and, when he is, we will seek compensation financially to the full extent the law allows."

The CWBCC stated: "We stand behind Ian Markus and we have hired the finest legal team money can buy - Michael Jackson's."

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
OJ Simpson's would've been better.

I have to say though I was with him the night of this alleged drugs taking, and I can categorically say that he did not take any...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Ian Markus: Thanks for all coming today to listen to what I have to say and what I have to testify. The allegations bought to light last year of apparent drug misuse by me, are just that, allegations. There is no truth whatsoever and I will continue to maintain my innocence to the grave. The night in question simply involved me and the red boys kicking back. I later went to bed that night and fell to sleep. The next morning white powder was found in my room. How it got there I have no idea and feel it may have been planted there by someone else.

Before my time as a player in the top grade I can honestly admit I dabbled with party drugs such as marijuana and cocaine, but it wasn't till I gave up this habit that I began to play my best cricket. I feel that this shuld be a lesson to all young people that if you want to achieve the most in life... don't take drugs.

Any questions?

Slats4ever

I would also like to add that other players should come under scrutiny. Whilst I'm not directly involved anymore I still keep in contact with dealers who are my personal friends. And it is alleged some of the Blacks are involved such as Camps, Halsey and Bennett

masterblaster

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
I would also like to add that other players should come under scrutiny. Whilst I'm not directly involved anymore I still keep in contact with dealers who are my personal friends. And it is alleged some of the Blacks are involved such as Camps, Halsey and Bennett
This is an utter outrage, and simply the allegation has no truth whatsoever. The Black's pride themselves on their optimum fitness levels, consistency and strict ANTI-DRUG policies.

This is nothing but a 'cheap' 'dirty' fabrication by the CW Red side and their Captain, and this will not be tolerated by CW Black.

CW Black = DRUG FREE

Slats4ever

The truth shall set you and your side free masterblaster. if u have nothing to hide just relax.... but if you do you and your team better watch out.

My comments are made as an individual not as a representative of the reds. I can confirm that to my best knowledge the reds team has no links to any drugs whatsoever.

If any allegations or attacks are made on me... leave it at me... don't go attacking my team mates.

masterblaster

International Captain
I think Neil overstepped the mark there Ian, but I can say honestly that the Blacks are drug free and all are in optimum health.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I did not attack any player in the CW Red camp regarding this drugs issue.

Andre

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
DAILY BLAST

Markus Drug Scandal Resurfaces

Allegations of use of illegal substances by Ian Markus have been revisited by the ICC today, with new evidence supposedly having been brought into play. In a press conference this morning, statements were made that an unidentified Dev League player has testified against Markus.

In Season 6, the accusations first arose and resulted coupled with a temporary ban from Dev League cricket as imposed by the ICC. However, the case was put away on lack of substantial evidence. Now that such allegations have returned, the ICC has not yet imposed a like ban, but may do so if the case develops.

Markus, now the captain of Cricket Web Red, has not yet been reached for comment, but the management of Red has released the statement:

"We stand firmly behind Markus as a role model, a player and a captain and have no intentions of dismissing him from the captaincy on what is purely circumstantial evidence. There is no doubt in our minds that he is innocent and will be proven so and, when he is, we will seek compensation financially to the full extent the law allows."

The CWBCC stated: "We stand behind Ian Markus and we have hired the finest legal team money can buy - Michael Jackson's."
Pot. Kettle. Black.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Those alligations are pure crap. Markus isnt the sort of player to be taking drugs - in fact the only substances that has entered his system have been beer, pies and the occasional nut-bar on gamedays.

None of which are considered as 'illegal substances' - Why else do you think he gets his nickname of 'Fatty' ?