Page 114 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1839

Thread: *Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Amir (y)
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Breakout Champion!
    Haven't you buggered off yet?

Donald IMO.

Has never bowled this well before, always done alright with the bat.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    Haven't you buggered off yet?
    Still here

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    FFS Shah is inactive and Heath is retired. Apart from Donald and Amir the only other up coming FC seamer is Mitchell, so dire. Hopefully these pitch changes make some difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Davis on Comeback Trail?

Following the recent torching of his cardboard box by dastardly Red all-rounder, Zac Ritchie for reasons thought to be linked with the pairs' time at the Fardingham Cockatoos, much maligned fast bowler Heath Davis is thought to be reconsidering his retirement.

"Look, it was okay trundling through Dev League batsmen with no legs, but now my home's been torched I've gotta rethink things a little. My time at Pickford has been less entertaining of late, due to our batting line up's failings - and not my own, I hasten to add and maybe the time has come to restore the damaged links with the Dev League."

It is unclear at this stage whether Davis will be needed at his former home at the CW Blacks.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Lasted less than a month, worthless ****.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    The Wright move, imo.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Will take anyone at this stage.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    As I keep telling you, I'm not available
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Talk to Patteh, he handles the people after my autograph.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Been done before. Pfft.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

The Campsfield Times

A Matter of Respect: An interview with "the devil"
    By Gringo El Spatcho

The CWLand squad for the Chairman's Trophy final was announced today. For the most part, it was what was expected. Pickup would captain, Fuller would move back into the middle order, Gough would take the shiny white new ball. What wasn't expected, however, was one of the biggest kicks in the teeth in recent Dev League history. CW Black captain Dan Smith, who made his CWXI debut in the last match of the group stage, was snubbed, in favor of CW Green opening batsman Nick Scott.

"Yeah look I'm pretty gutted. You'd think after what has happened I'd get more than one innings grace."

Smith has made it known in recent times that his position in 50 over cricket is facing the new ball. While it's true that he's batted as low as 6 for CW Black over the last few seasons, this has been more for team benefit than anything else. And with the ODI incumbents above him, who can blame him.

"Yeah, I've batted in the middle at Black for a while now. Since I've taken on the captaincy we've had some massive openers. In my first season we had the 4 best openers in the competition in Markus, Chaulk, Stedman and Cloete, so of course I was going to bat pretty low.

In any case, I think I showed in Australia that my best position in 50 over cricket is up the top. I don't think there's any questioning that."

Smith was called into the ODI squad expecting to be able to show his talent by replacing injured opener, and CW Black team-mate, James Stedman. Instead he was shown the ultimate disrespect. Forced to bat @ 6, a position he's had no success in, he duly failed to get going.

"Yeah look, I didn't play too well, we all know it. But let's face it, neither did Fuller in his promotion. All the selectors did by playing me so low and promoting Fuller was create unnecessary unrest in the camp."

What do you think of the decision to not only drop you, but allow Scott to open the batting? Do you think it's a fair decision?

"**** no I don't, it's a ridiculously unfair decision as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure most of Dev League would agree with me as well. I was given one game, out of position and under immense pressure before being scrapped. Then they have the nerve to allow Scott to open, whilst snubbing me for the same position. I'm absolutely livid.

Scott's a good cricketer and I have nothing against the guy, but I'm sure even he would acknowledge how unfair this call is on me. It's not like I've not performed there for CW 'A' either. If I remember correctly, I made 99 opening the batting for CW 'A' a few weeks ago.

It's a dog act, no question, and from my point of view, the selectors can shove their side up their ass. I don't care if this rant costs me a test position, because everyone knows it's a joke of a decision. I suppose them snubbing me for the rest of my career would just show the cliquey nature and personal biases of the panel"

Well he's certainly taking it well. I actively encourage you, the reader, to write in your thoughts on the matter. It's certainly one of the bigger calls in CWBCC recent history and will be the talk of the town for weeks to come.
    Last edited by dontcloseyoureyes; 19-09-2008 at 02:30 AM.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    What wasn't expected, however, was one of the biggest kicks in the teeth in recent Dev League history.
    Gringo El Spatcho tells it how it is
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Haha, love it.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Thread Information