Page 111 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1839

Thread: *Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Safe to say that (M) Smith puts the sex in rape.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Regular
    CW Blue would love to have Smith back. Sex appeal at the club has been given a large boost recently with Thamba leaving, but we're always on the look out for more.
    Captain for the Blues.

Code:
    FC : 129 matches
    281 runs @ 1.76
    650 wickets @ 28.86, S/R of 41.75
    Best Bowling of 8 for 57
    39 5-wicket innings, 7 10-wicket matches.

Test : 12 matches
    8 runs @ 0.62
    68 wickets @ 27.99, S/R of 40.22
    Best Bowling of 5 for 59
    4 5-wicket innings, 0 10-wicket matches.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Camps: It's been a good run
    Allrounder announces international retirement

Veteran allrounder Liam Camps Jr. today announced his retirement from international cricket at the completion of the coming home season. There has long been speculation that Camps would call time on his international career, starting when he withdrew from the Cricket Web XI's last ODI series, against India.

"I've been so blessed in my career. Not just to get the opportunity to play international cricket, but having had a decent career there," said Camps, "Every day I thank God. I've been blessed. I know I've had my problems and rifts with others at times, but I'd like to mend those bridges and leave on a high note."

Camps has played 29 Tests and 122 one-day internationals. His major success came in the shorter form of the game, where he presently averages 30.43 with the bat and 24.02 with the ball. He has taken 177 ODI wickets and is the second highest wickettaker in the shorter form for CW XI. Speaking of the prospect of 200 wickets, Camps was realistic: "It'd be good, but very ambitious. I'll certainly be going for it though."

"I won't be giving up on Development League cricket just yet, and I still think I have a few more good seasons at that level for Cricket Web Blue," he said, "Right now I'm just focussed on preparing for the new season, and in time to come I hope to devote all my efforts to helping Blue achieve greater success. It's been a good run."

Test Batting M I NO Runs Avge Ct St 50 100 HS Duck/s
    LA Camps 29 49 10 1298 33.28 21 0 7 1 113* 4

Test Bowling O W Runs Avge 5w 10w BB Econ SR
    LA Camps 720.5 46 2150 46.74 0 0 4 for 112 2.98 93.98

ODI Batting M I NO Runs Avge Ct St 50 100 HS SR
    LA Camps 122 104 15 2708 30.43 43 0 15 2 114 64.65

ODI Bowling O W Runs Avge 4w 5w BB Econ SR
    LA Camps 935.5 177 4252 24.02 7 6 6 for 34 4.55 31.71

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Oh my.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Massive loss.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Regular
    Good knock, that.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Kyle is no longer the Wright stuff.

Rumours are circulating CW Land tonight that Colts captain Kyle Wright isn't secure in his position amidst a set of internal riffs at the club, the latest being the departure of highly respected spinner Jack McNamara. A definite split has occured between the loyal Wrightites and the dissident faction of Gegarians, who claim they do most the work anyway. What will be the outcome of this infighting? This reporter reckons

for Colts this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

International Regular
    Hahahhahah. Classic.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Dire first Halsey and now Camps. There goes our bowling attack. Smith better learn how to bat again this season, or Wilson learn how to bowl.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

The offseason in Australia showed I can actually bat in OD.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Just had a close look at the off season stuff. Liking the all round OD performances of Richards, Wilson and Fuller.

Re Smith: Don't you always score runs in the off season and then never get bat during the development league?

I've never made an OD ton outside of CW until this off-season iirc.

It's true that I generally only get a bat at 6 during Devvers when we're under shocking pressure. I usually choke

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Camps' decision provoked by his shocking 20/20 form for mine. (face)
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Is the CWBCC sacrificing cricket for money?
    By BS Bullock

It would appear in an attempt to draw the crowds in and make more money, the CWBCC are making the pitches of CWLand more batsmen friendly.

Liam Camps Snr's smallest summer holiday house in this hemisphere.

In the last three seasons there has been a noticeable increase in bowling averages which begs the question, is the CWBCC trying to attract spectators, television viewers and sponsors by encouraging more runs being scored?

A CWLand cricket pitch, earlier today.

As the theory goes, the general public would rather see more boundaries hit than wickets taken. As batsmen are starting to get more recognition and fame in CWLand, the bowlers are nameless characters in a show all about that's all about the batsmen.
    "Even players with mediocre batting abilities like Corrin can score double centuries these days" said disgruntled grade cricketer AJ Ditchburn, "it's a complete and utter joke".

Up and coming batsman Nick Scott pops out to get a diamond bucket filled with caviar.

This could also be the reason for the increasing number of all-rounders, as bowlers attempt to get in on the gravy train. The latter, out of the public spotlight, have to find other ways to make a living.

Heath Davis late yesterday afternoon.

Sources inside the CWBCC have indicated that they are in fact telling ground staff to prepare flatter pitches, all the while trying to fool us into believing it's a bowler dominated competition, with such propaganda as this.

A look at the records reveal a more truthful statistic: the bowling averages are increasing as each season passes.

For example, in season 11, 19 bowlers averaged under 30 (min. 100 overs).
    In season 12, just 7 averaged sub-30, while in 13 there was a slight increase with 8 averaging under 30.

So, are the CWBCC flattening out the pitches, or is it a mere coincidence, and is the actual performance and quality of CW bowlers declining?

For the sake of making something out of nothing on a boring day, this reporter thinks it's the former.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    haha wouldnt mind batting on that

Thread Information