• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking news* Justin Rodgie suspended

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Following Justin Rodgie's recent comments in the Black clubhouse despite being asked to leave by two captains, the CWBCC have suspended Justin Rodgie for the first four competitive matches played by Green this season.

Chairman Håkon Mørk commented that he was sorry to make this decision, but felt that the comments were of such a nature that the CWBCC had to intervene. When asked to specify, Mørk said that Rodgie had been repeatedly forming baseless insinuations of cheating and had revealed a clear lack of respect for other players and teams.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha. Pretty harsh tbh, Rodgie's made worse posts than those in question.

PY

International Coach
Sounds fair enough.

Garven did have to lay the smack down and he didn't respond.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't wish to be on anyones "side" as such, but I can see both sides of the story here. I realise Justin was asked to leave the Black thread, but I don't think anyone would have known he was going to receive a suspension for his behaviour.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Last time I checked ignorance is not a valid excuse for breaking rules.

It's not as if it was an isolated instance of being told to shut up either.

Majin

International Debutant
Really, as if being asked by the Black captain to leave wasn't enough, ignoring his own captain's instructions as well? Deserves what he gets, imho.