• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Next Big Thing: CricketWeb 'A' in the Caribbean

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: HAHAHAHA James your a legand :D haha.
I wasnt Missing you fool....I was erm..busy elsewhere..
working the hips.... ;) (a spinner will know what i mean..and every man hopefully too)

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I'm quite frankly insulted and embarassed at people even suggesting that I'm stupid enough to be able to get kidnapped by Jamee.

...It didn't happen. Honest! :shy: :ph34r:

Btw, most excellent diary, Stedman dude.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Others are welcome to start their own diaries. The local papers are always looking for the rights to an interesting bit of insight.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Others are welcome to start their own diaries. The local papers are always looking for the rights to an interesting bit of insight.
well by that command i gave you more then enough insight.. 8-)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Reminds me of Frontline..

(On air)
Mike: Ah, our Friday night funnyman, Elliot Rhodes, he's a national treasure.
(In office)
Mike: He's s**thouse!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robertinho said:
Reminds me of Frontline..

(On air)
Mike: Ah, our Friday night funnyman, Elliot Rhodes, he's a national treasure.
(In office)
Mike: He's s**thouse!
Less bypassing the filter please.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
November 30

I spent the night with Nick again which gets more demanding each time. As I trudged downstairs, leaving my hormonally strange friend to find his pants, I spotted Sean Fuller packing his gear into the back of the bus.

I questioned him as to why he was going to which he replied, “Get your stuff ready, we’re not welcome here anymore”. Apparently the staff weren’t too happy about the food fight. We went straight to the ground without breakfast and began with the usual fitness and stretches. It’s amazing how much quicker Demeza can be on an empty stomach. We really were worked hard and hopefully it will show tomorrow.

We had a good net session with everyone getting a bat, even if it was only brief. We had to cut it short as the sound of leather of willow was interrupted by the noise that was made by every person’s stomach. We went to a local café and had a big lunch, meeting some of the locals. It was the first time that I’ve actually felt like I’m in the Caribbean.

Just after midday we re-entered the bus and were on our way to Pointe-a-Pierre, the venue for tomorrow’s game. We arrived shortly after 1pm and loaded our stuff in a much nicer hotel that in Port-of-Spain. The views were amazing and it had a real West Indian atmosphere.

The afternoon was ours to spend how we wanted. I decided to go with Sean Bennett for a stroll around town to get a feel of the place. It was enjoyable experience, getting away, having a bit of freedom and thinking of Borcich all alone on the Wild Fowl Trust. We finished the afternoon with a round at the local golf course. Neither of us plays the sport at all but apparently that’s what you do on tour.

We needn’t speak of the scores or the reception we received from the fellow golfers who weren’t too impressed that we were taking up space on the green (yes we actually got a couple of balls on the green). We finished up and went back to the hotel late in the afternoon.

Once arrived back from the Wild Fowl Trust we headed down to a formal dinner. The T&T side were also attending as well as the president of the cricket board. The food was magnificent, furthering my opinions of the place and it was finished by the announcement of tomorrow’s team.

I’ll be coming in at first drop after Blackman and Mamesh. Bennett has been rested in order to get over his jetlag and Borcich is out of the side as well. This means that I will have to carry the Reds tag alone. Also left out of the squad was Big Travis Demeza. The couple of pounds he’s already put on not convincing the selectors to give him a go.

I’m still with Nick but we have separate beds this time and he’s already out or at least pretending to be. He’s obviously tired after chasing after the rest of the group at the Wild Fowl Trust. They must have successfully lost him by the end as he arrived fifteen minutes later than everyone else. For once I’m going to get some decent sleep.

Don

State Vice-Captain
james ur a king. oh and thanks for letting me know where the wild fowl trust is

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
December 1

CricketWeb 302 (Mamesh 93, Stedman 33)
& 123/4d (Blackman 69*, Stedman 1)

def.

Trinidad & Tobago 132 (Fuller 4/18, Collins 3/22)
& 179 (Collins 3/23, Patrick 3/32)

It was an early start as expected and a timid group that sat at the breakfast table. Everyone seemed to be in anticipation for the match and we sat largely in silence. This prolonged silence made it even more amusing when Borcich broke wind and went bright red.

We went down to the ground early and it looked like a reasonable pitch. The morning was spent with a short fielding session and then it was into the rooms for the start of the match. Sean Fuller won the toss and elected to bat so it was time to put the pads on.

Mamesh and Blackman put on 66 for the first wicket before the latter edged one off Dave Mohammad and I was in. I started cautiously, getting my eye in before letting loose with a cut for four. It didn’t take long to get accustomed and the outfield was very quick. I continued hitting boundaries at a good rate before I padded up to a googly from Dave Mohammad and was adjudged LBW. It was frustrating as I felt comfortable on a good batting pitch and couldn’t go on with it.

Garven fell shortly after and Fuller worked hard for his runs making a valuable contribution. He just looked to be finding his feet when Mamesh failed to call for a tight single and the captain was left stranded. Lezama fell shortly after and Mamesh was dismissed for 93. Cunningham and Weber then put on 40 for the 6th wicket ensuring that we reached 300.

Nath Patrick made inroads early dismissing both Ganga’s cheaply. Maraj and Simmons looked good against Rose and Cunningham. As a result, Fuller brought on Collins with immediate effect. Adam claimed both wickets quickly and got Kanhai caught at slip shortly after.

Fuller came into the attack and cleaned up the tail cheaply with a little help from Patrick dismissed T&T for 132. The situation was tailor-made for a quick innings such as in the first innings. Mamesh fell in the second over and was almost on a hat-trick after I was dropped of my first ball, trying to defend an outswinger. I then defended the three overs before tea just picking up a single.

First ball after tea and Dillon found the edge only to be put down behind the stumps again. He had his revenge shortly after trapping me LBW with an accurate inswinger. It wasn’t one of my more memorable innings, dropped twice on my way to a total of 1. Garven and Fuller didn’t spend long at the crease and we were in a big of trouble at 50/4. Blackman and Lezama made a mature partnership and we were able to declare, setting Trinidad and Tobago 294 in 77 overs.

The seamers did the damage again with Patrick claiming Sherwin Ganga for a second time. Cunningham chipped in with a couple of quick wickets and Daren Ganga looked like the only batsman offering any resistance. Collins dismissed the middle order and as in the first innings Fuller and Patrick cleaned up the tail to seal a convincing win.

We hit the shower shortly after and went back to the hotel for dinner. It was back to routine with Nath Patrick insisting we say grace. The quality of food was as expected and Demeza looked like he enjoyed it, either that or he’s really desperate to get a place for the first test. I can’t see it happening with the performance our quicks put up today but it’s not a tour without a couple of injuries.

The team management had a talk about today’s result and I sat around with the boys for a while. A couple of the guys who didn’t play today were talking about a night on the town but I don’t think I have the energy after a long day. Maybe this will mean that I get a night without Borcich.