Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Young and well hung(ry) for Curry!

International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar

Young and well hung(ry) for Curry!

Sunday 10th April

Because I never recieved my old diary back after it was confiscated by my dear mother, I took a trip to the local newsagency and bought a new one, with a padlock and mother proof alarm with added mace spray.

The interesting news I bring to you diary, is that the CW A side has been announced for the tour of Indian and Pakistan during the off season. I was lucky enough to have sneeked into the squad. Heres how it reads.

DP Richards (C)
    AP Chaulk +
    A Lezama +
    PE Young
    RJ Dauth
    A Feeney
    GKK Dobson
    MW DeSilva
    DA Kearsley
    MW Wilson
    BC Cunningham
    RG Verghese
    TV Weber
    SA Bennett
    NS Hoy
    R Timewell

It should be a swell tour, and particularly interesting because of the huge amount of young players from various development teams. Our captain is Dave Richards, the old left arm orthodox bowler from CW Black, who seems to come across as a keen cricketer with an astute mind for the game. Niel Pickup is our coach as Richard Dickson is on paternity leave. Supposedly his wife wants him to be at home so she can hold his hand while HE gives birth. Dont ask...I have no idea. Rob Dauth will handle the cooking. I'm not sure if he can handle it, but he has lived in a boarding school for a while, so he at least has some experience of producing large quantaties of sub-standard tucker.

It was released from the CWBCC that we are to be sharing hotel rooms throughout the tour. Sean Bennet tried unsuccessfully to hide his excitement at the prospect of this. Again, dont ask. Supposedly it is to improve team harmony and an opportunity to get to know other players better. I also believe it was for financial reasons as well. Perhaps some work for new PA rep Nath Patrick.

Anyway looking forward to our first FC match against Karnataka in India.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?

haha love it already keep going mate
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Lol, great work Kenny. I hope you don't get bored with doing it, caus it'll be great to read throughout the tour.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    good work there Kenny, less of the 'old' though
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    'Old' is a relativve term. Your nickname for the tour is Pops.

lol! great stuff! Hope u can keep it going for the whole tour.
    Code:
    CW CRICKET - May 2009
    FC
    M      I     NO    Runs      Avg      Ct      50s      100s      HS
    83    157   8      4237    28.44      79      22         4       169*

O     W    Avg   SR
    45    18   18.7  27

List - A
    M      I      Runs      Avg      Ct    50s    100s      HS
    179   174    5828      37.84     67    48     3        121

OD
    M      I      Runs      Avg    Ct      50s      100s      HS    SR
    27    24     716      35.80    15      6         0       71*   74.58

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    Yo, Pops, don't overwork yourself..

Kenny, thanks for the introduction. yes, that's true - I've had alot of experience not only making sub-standard food in insane quanitities, but eating it too. When I deep fry a plate and shove it down your throats, don't complain! I had to put up with it.. *wipes a tear, and coughs up half a fork..*
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyD
    It was released from the CWBCC that we are to be sharing hotel rooms throughout the tour. Sean Bennet tried unsuccessfully to hide his excitement at the prospect of this. Again, dont ask. Supposedly it is to improve team harmony and an opportunity to get to know other players better. I also believe it was for financial reasons as well. Perhaps some work for new PA rep Nath Patrick.
    I want you all to get used to the closeness and the feeling of being uncomfortable, so when you visit my office, it won`t be so weird.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Yes.. We are very poor, we can't afford books, stationary supplies and we have to sit on the ground for classes. Let alone having a boat club, a brand new, massive ass Music/Drama school building.... geez.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyD
    It was released from the CWBCC that we are to be sharing hotel rooms throughout the tour. Sean Bennet tried unsuccessfully to hide his excitement at the prospect of this
    No, just the excitement of being picked spilling over.

...honest!

and it's Bennett btw

Don
    plz dont stick me with steds wait no stick me with steds itll be great fun.ill bring the baloons man.
    WERE LEAN WERE MEAN WERE THE GREEN MACHINE CW GREEN'S OTHER LHB.

12th April

A win and a draw, not too shabby if you ask me, Mr Diary. Karnatka was first on the list and we disposed of them with ease. Excellent centuries by Youngy and youngy Dauthy...is that right? Anyway, the bowling effort was certainly acceptable as well, with all bowlers chipping in with a few wickets.

Tamil Nadu proved stiffer competition that allowed them to squeeze out a draw Kearsley knocked up a Moerkish 132 off 384 balls to stand out in the batting department whilst Steds and Rob Timewell picked up 6 apiece for the match. Pops was pretty happy after the match but Neil was flaming after our 2nd innings batting performance yielded 9/131 dec. He was looking for a few more runs aat a bit quicker rate than that. His head deadset resembled an inflammed heamorroid as he layed into us about our batting. Of course, no one saw fit to mention this, however Neil calmed down before he popped a cerebral artery.

I'm bunked up here with "Don" Lezama. Often you hear stories of how roomates have various quirks, such as conversing in tounges as they sleep, or practicing sweep shots naked. Don here is pretty normal, thankgod, yet he does talk alot about bringing scroungy women home, hitting the nets and 20 rupees. Tarrick Weber was walking past past our room at that point and said something to Don that 20 rupees was too much, and that he knew someplace for only 10.

After the 1st game against Kartanaka, Rob Dauth slipped a note under my door saying he had a 'hot video' to show, and to be at his room at 9pm. Turned out to be a highlights package of his century scored earlier in the day. Thanks Rob.

International Debutant kears_falcon_9's Avatar
    LOL great story. Trust young Dauthy to slip in some highlights of himself in there lol
    ----------------
    < D.A.V.I.D >
    ----------------

International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    haha classic stuff Kenny!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Brilliant!
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information