• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Young and well hung(ry) for Curry!

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Sunday 10th April

Because I never recieved my old diary back after it was confiscated by my dear mother, I took a trip to the local newsagency and bought a new one, with a padlock and mother proof alarm with added mace spray.

The interesting news I bring to you diary, is that the CW A side has been announced for the tour of Indian and Pakistan during the off season. I was lucky enough to have sneeked into the squad. Heres how it reads.

DP Richards (C)
AP Chaulk +
A Lezama +
PE Young
RJ Dauth
A Feeney
GKK Dobson
MW DeSilva
DA Kearsley
MW Wilson
BC Cunningham
RG Verghese
TV Weber
SA Bennett
NS Hoy
R Timewell

It should be a swell tour, and particularly interesting because of the huge amount of young players from various development teams. Our captain is Dave Richards, the old left arm orthodox bowler from CW Black, who seems to come across as a keen cricketer with an astute mind for the game. Niel Pickup is our coach as Richard Dickson is on paternity leave. Supposedly his wife wants him to be at home so she can hold his hand while HE gives birth. Dont ask...I have no idea. Rob Dauth will handle the cooking. I'm not sure if he can handle it, but he has lived in a boarding school for a while, so he at least has some experience of producing large quantaties of sub-standard tucker.

It was released from the CWBCC that we are to be sharing hotel rooms throughout the tour. Sean Bennet tried unsuccessfully to hide his excitement at the prospect of this. Again, dont ask. Supposedly it is to improve team harmony and an opportunity to get to know other players better. I also believe it was for financial reasons as well. Perhaps some work for new PA rep Nath Patrick.

Anyway looking forward to our first FC match against Karnataka in India.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Lol, great work Kenny. I hope you don't get bored with doing it, caus it'll be great to read throughout the tour.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
good work there Kenny, less of the 'old' though :p
Yo, Pops, don't overwork yourself.. :D

Kenny, thanks for the introduction. yes, that's true - I've had alot of experience not only making sub-standard food in insane quanitities, but eating it too. When I deep fry a plate and shove it down your throats, don't complain! I had to put up with it.. *wipes a tear, and coughs up half a fork..*

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
KennyD said:
It was released from the CWBCC that we are to be sharing hotel rooms throughout the tour. Sean Bennet tried unsuccessfully to hide his excitement at the prospect of this. Again, dont ask. Supposedly it is to improve team harmony and an opportunity to get to know other players better. I also believe it was for financial reasons as well. Perhaps some work for new PA rep Nath Patrick.
I want you all to get used to the closeness and the feeling of being uncomfortable, so when you visit my office, it won`t be so weird. :happy:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes.. We are very poor, we can't afford books, stationary supplies and we have to sit on the ground for classes. Let alone having a boat club, a brand new, massive ass Music/Drama school building.... geez.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
KennyD said:
It was released from the CWBCC that we are to be sharing hotel rooms throughout the tour. Sean Bennet tried unsuccessfully to hide his excitement at the prospect of this
No, just the excitement of being picked spilling over.

...honest! :ph34r:

and it's Bennett btw :p

Don

State Vice-Captain
plz dont stick me with steds wait no stick me with steds itll be great fun.ill bring the baloons man.

KennyD

12th April

A win and a draw, not too shabby if you ask me, Mr Diary. Karnatka was first on the list and we disposed of them with ease. Excellent centuries by Youngy and youngy Dauthy...is that right? Anyway, the bowling effort was certainly acceptable as well, with all bowlers chipping in with a few wickets.

Tamil Nadu proved stiffer competition that allowed them to squeeze out a draw Kearsley knocked up a Moerkish 132 off 384 balls to stand out in the batting department whilst Steds and Rob Timewell picked up 6 apiece for the match. Pops was pretty happy after the match but Neil was flaming after our 2nd innings batting performance yielded 9/131 dec. He was looking for a few more runs aat a bit quicker rate than that. His head deadset resembled an inflammed heamorroid as he layed into us about our batting. Of course, no one saw fit to mention this, however Neil calmed down before he popped a cerebral artery.

I'm bunked up here with "Don" Lezama. Often you hear stories of how roomates have various quirks, such as conversing in tounges as they sleep, or practicing sweep shots naked. Don here is pretty normal, thankgod, yet he does talk alot about bringing scroungy women home, hitting the nets and 20 rupees. Tarrick Weber was walking past past our room at that point and said something to Don that 20 rupees was too much, and that he knew someplace for only 10.

After the 1st game against Kartanaka, Rob Dauth slipped a note under my door saying he had a 'hot video' to show, and to be at his room at 9pm. Turned out to be a highlights package of his century scored earlier in the day. Thanks Rob.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
KennyD said:
12th April

A win and a draw, not too shabby if you ask me, Mr Diary. Karnatka was first on the list and we disposed of them with ease. Excellent centuries by Youngy and youngy Dauthy...is that right? Anyway, the bowling effort was certainly acceptable as well, with all bowlers chipping in with a few wickets.

Tamil Nadu proved stiffer competition that allowed them to squeeze out a draw Kearsley knocked up a Moerkish 132 off 384 balls to stand out in the batting department whilst Steds and Rob Timewell picked up 6 apiece for the match. Pops was pretty happy after the match but Neil was flaming after our 2nd innings batting performance yielded 9/131 dec. He was looking for a few more runs aat a bit quicker rate than that. His head deadset resembled an inflammed heamorroid as he layed into us about our batting. Of course, no one saw fit to mention this, however Neil calmed down before he popped a cerebral artery.

I'm bunked up here with "Don" Lezama. Often you hear stories of how roomates have various quirks, such as conversing in tounges as they sleep, or practicing sweep shots naked. Don here is pretty normal, thankgod, yet he does talk alot about bringing scroungy women home, hitting the nets and 20 rupees. Tarrick Weber was walking past past our room at that point and said something to Don that 20 rupees was too much, and that he knew someplace for only 10.

After the 1st game against Kartanaka, Rob Dauth slipped a note under my door saying he had a 'hot video' to show, and to be at his room at 9pm. Turned out to be a highlights package of his century scored earlier in the day. Thanks Rob.

Haha, that's great. :D

Btw, that "hot video" note wasn't meant for you - Don had asked me earlier if I had any Animal Planet videos to do with elephants... :wacko:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robertinho said:
Btw, that "hot video" note wasn't meant for you - Don had asked me earlier if I had any Animal Planet videos to do with elephants... :wacko:
So you sorted through your collection and put aside the hot ones for him?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
No, I used my expanseful connections in the TV industry to acquire some "***ual" elephant footage.

Liam, just because I turned down your request for a three toed sloth... :wacko:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
KennyD said:
12th April

Kenny! what did i told you! dont tell everyone ! :blink:

:laugh:

KennyD

Robertinho said:
No, I used my expanseful connections in the TV industry to acquire some "***ual" elephant footage.

Liam, just because I turned down your request for a three toed sloth... :wacko:
Are you talking about 2 elephants there? Whoa, I mean, watching a woman and an elephant is disgusting enough, but 2 elephants? Thats just ****ographic!