• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dear Diary

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Loony BoB said:
Possibly the best writing skills I've seen on display here at CricketWeb, at least lately! Lovely stuff, enjoyable reading. I hope you find the right team for you - If you want to join CW Green we'll be sure to welcome you - we play cricket in the true spirit of the game, without the politics of other teams. :) Just good old fun cricket, and we've proven that we're one of the best teams out there - unfortunately that means a lot of players often get pushed up the ranks and we have a lot of our players on international duty. This can only be good for guys like you and me, though - we fill in the gaps and are given a true opportunity to shine.

New blood is exactly what keeps this place alive and kicking, and you'll love the time you spend here. Fingers crossed you will indeed end up playing in the same team as me, it'll be great! We've got the best captain, too - age master's awesome, he's got the perfect mix of leadership and team-spirit that really encourages his entire team to respect both him and each other, and this gives us all an awesome sense of pride. And don't think I'm just advertising in order to get one up on the other guys - you'll be competition for me, after all! Team before individual. :) That's the way to play it.

EDIT: Haha, your mum sounds like mine, aside from the girls bit - I think my Mum's a little too interested in my love life, or what love life there is.
O so right there Bob, he should come to green for sure... :cool:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
AUST_HiTMaN said:
I never said for him to come to red you idiot, chances are he will go to the new team if/when it gets put into place for next season.

I was purely saying where the quality pace lies if he needs some training.
Plus, he'll get some practice by bowling to CW's own Atherton. Block, block, block, block... :p

Nice writing, btw. Hope ya keep it up, especially if you should happen to be in my team next year :)

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
hey whenyou face my bowlin, you wont want to block, you jus gotta decide whether to hit a 4 or 6!

David

International 12th Man
Welcome to cricketweb Kenny!
The Red's is the way to go for sure, with the best pace attack around we'll sort out your batting, make you into a true star.

Although don't look to me for bowling practice, I can give you tips but can't bat worth a damn, except for the glorious forward defensive..

Hope to see more of you around, keep up the good work.

David

International 12th Man
Thats why he is my batting advisor! :P
Under his tutelage I'll slowly but surely get better. Of course I'm still the slowest batsman around!!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I hope you lot aren't corrupting the minds of impressionable younger players with petty rivalry and ridiculous claims like "Red are good" 8-).

The important thing is that we're a united group of players against the tyrannies we so often must fight against. Must go now, Alex is crying because he can't get his shoes on. Really should learn to untie them first.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Tom Halsey said:
All this Red is best rubbish...who is higher out of Red and Blue?
I dont believe I mentioned about reds being better so to speak, I mentioned we have the best Pace battery, which is undeniably true. The stats are there. The reason i said this was because he mentioned about facing fast bowlers in the nets, pretty self explanitory, or is that too hard for your pathetic essex brain to work out?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very good stuff KennyD. :)

It's encouraging to see members such as yourself entering CW cricket with such enthusiasm.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
AUST_HiTMaN said:
I dont believe I mentioned about reds being better so to speak, I mentioned we have the best Pace battery, which is undeniably true. The stats are there. The reason i said this was because he mentioned about facing fast bowlers in the nets, pretty self explanitory, or is that too hard for your pathetic essex brain to work out?
'Twasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but a few Redheads are a little blinkered with their comments...:)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
We've got the best captain, too - age master's awesome, he's got the perfect mix of leadership and team-spirit that really encourages his entire team to respect both him and each other, and this gives us all an awesome sense of pride.

:cheers:

have a beer on me:)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Nice work, KennyD. If you was a Red, I would take you under my wing and teach you all the overenthusiastic GO REDS!!! stuff, but you is a blue. So I has to stab you(don't take it personally) :p

AUST_HiTMaN said:
.If you get posted to another team other then Reds, you will get frustrated by the Reds chearsquad (I know some of us sure as hell do anyway :p ). The cheersquad consistas of Steds and Supah Freak, and their GO REDS
Hey!!!!! We stoke the fire of the great Reds pace battery. You wouldn't be half as good without me and Freak getting you wound up( :p ). Don't knock us, we do an important job :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he will be warmly welcomed at blue, even if he turns out to be a dud player, we can find an off field role for him, like making quick trips to the TAB to put bets on for his vice captain ;)

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Day 4

Dear Diary

Hey Mr Diary, Im stoked guess what? 4th day here, and I`ve already been recruited to one of the domestic sides. Im really quite grateful that selectors took a chance on a young guy trying to make his way in the toughest domestic leaugue in the world. Not sure I`ll get too many games though but it`s all good, I`m sure it will keep mum at bay for a couple weeks, like last night, she tried to make me watch this TV documentary called `When Kids drop out of school when they`re 17`. It was sick. Full of dirty grommits and he-bitches working the streets. I could have sworn though I recognized a few of the CW players though in that Doco....

...maybe not

Anyway I recieved the good news today after training when the same grizzled secretary of the first day came over, and said gruffly, `Your in CW Blue, dont stuff up!` shook my hand and left without another word. Couple of the Blue`s came over and said G`day and I got a few introductions, so that was good. But its hard to remember clearly, it all went by like a flash. After that however, a few members of Red and Blue had a few words concerning my selection, and which team was greater. Once again it was interesting to observe, but one point of notice was that near the Red`s nets, there semed to be a cheersquad of some description giving vocal support to the Reds pacemen. Chants of `Go Red!` and `Yeah, Go Red!`, were clearly audible.
However the discussion between the Reds and Blues kind of dissolved into nothing much, and both sides returned to their respective nets. I could hear the Red pacemen talking about Tacos or something a little later but I cant be certain....

A little later on a couple of the Greens also introduced themselves, they seem like a nice bunch of guys, and I haven`t witnessed one in any of the heated discussions yet. Anyway the day was closing, and I went back to get my kitbag and head home, but as I picked it up, a note fell off the top. `You is Blue, so I is going to be stabbing you soonz!` I hope it was a joke. I hope. Maybe I should tell mum, but no, she`d worry to much, put her off her cooking.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Unlucky Kenny Looks like im gunna have to be a hater not a lover of the Kenny due to the fact your in the rival team of blacks :P

Kyle that was a godamn awesome comment about your batsmen lol i was laughin hard.

Dave Please just because everytime your in the middle batting against us blacks i start rappin "Blacks Gun give it to Ya They Gun GIve it to ya" doesnt mean im a bad influence.

What you can do tho is "Take me home to the paradise city where the out feilds quick and runs are scored Heavy"