Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lies, Betrayal and Videotape

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar

Lies, Betrayal and Videotape

CricketWeb Times
    Jerome Brown

[Nixonstown] So, the most oft-disgraced character in the history of the national game has dared to raise his face again in the name of attention - he may have yet another name, but the endemic deceit ridden in his conduct leads everyone from the Twybridge U11 reserve team to the leadership of the Test XI to know his identity, and his blatant guilt.

For those unfamiliar with the Nichanigate saga that led to the second mass walkout in the history of the national side being threatened, the CricketWeb Times will retell. The midst of the team's inaugural World Cup campaign was thrown into disarray when newly called-up, uncapped batsman Nikhil Nichani declared his desire for the team to be defeated. Thanks to the selfless actions of young wicketkeeper Jamee Gray, this betrayal of all that International cricket stands for was exposed, and a display of team solidarity that evoked the spirit of the rebellion led to the removal of Nichani from the World Cup squad and his first "retirement".

Weeks later, Nichani displayed the fact that his previous statement of retirement was just as watertight as the US and UK governments' claims about WMD, or the Titanic post-Iceberg. His return was met with equal derision by members of the Players' Association, who overwhelmingly opposed his inclusion in any side. Following a parting shot of a despicable claim that everyone who thought he supported the CW XI had "no mind", Nichani then retired once more, claiming that he wouldn't return until he was forgiven.

Another lie. This week he crawled back into the sullied limelight, and with disciples Bennett and Jellett, is set to claim that betrayal, deceit, lies and double-crosses are an acceptable part of the nation's cricket community.

The fate of a country is at stake.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Debutant AUST_HiTMaN's Avatar
    Lovely article.
    eep.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Its like the lord of the rings with Nikhil as Sauron, Bennett as Saruman and Jellett as ????. Marc can be Frodo, Neil can be Gimli
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by The CricketWeb Times
    Thanks to the selfless actions of young wicketkeeper Jamee Gray
    The Times check their facts thoroughly, I see - he became a wicketkeeper some three seasons after the incident

Nevertheless, can't find any real misconceptions in that article. The evidence is well put forward.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

He's always wanted to be a keeper, he was just never selected as one.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Just a thought but does his 2nd retirement thread still exist?

I seem to remember it was a particularly interesting piece of writing that cleared him of any blame and put it all upon me?

Like I was the one who wanted the XI to lose?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    He's always wanted to be a keeper, he was just never selected as one.
    So why does this say WK NO then - some time in Dev League seven he made himself available when Eyes was doing poorly and Ryan was inactive.

Anyway, no big deal.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    [SIZE=5]Another lie. This week he crawled back into the sullied limelight, and with disciples Bennett and Jellett, is set to claim that betrayal, deceit, lies and double-crosses are an acceptable part of the nation's cricket community.
    Please ease off Steds and Jellet and whoever else represents Nikhil. It's a job that they have undertaken, not a hobby.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

If they want to put themselves in the firing line, then there's no reason why they shouldn't prepared to face the artillery.

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Just a thought but does his 2nd retirement thread still exist?

I seem to remember it was a particularly interesting piece of writing that cleared him of any blame and put it all upon me?

Like I was the one who wanted the XI to lose?
    This is the retirement thread... nothing accusing you of wanting the XI to lose, just blaming you for everything leading up to his pseudo-retirement, and a comment from Dylan which utterly destroys any credibility he had on the defence.

My favourite bits are the crocodile tears, lies and false promises.

This is my favourite post, mind http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/show...035#post240035

Nichani: "The sad thing all of you have no minds who think I still support CW XI".

Although it does appear to be very telling, I can't believe that the above quoted was anything but a typo.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    This is my favourite post, mind http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/show...035#post240035

Nichani: "The sad thing all of you have no minds who think I still support CW XI".
    man i remember that... i was shocked! as Liam said, surely it has to be a typo.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    So when it was pointed out, why not use the "edit" facility?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information