• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thank **** New Zealand won one of the semis. Couldn't think of a worse possible final from my POV than England/India.

Hopefully NZ do a Pakistan 92 and roll the Poms.
Totally agree. I wouldn't ever want to be reduced to supporting England in a final *shudder*.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i would prefer a new zealand win but from what i have seen, england is significantly better especially in the batting dept so it's going to be tough for them in the final if england play to potential...

Jezroy

State Captain
I will be in absolute ruins if NZ win this.
Sugar Pie Honey Bunch - I can't help myself

Why would you be in ruins if NZ win?

My least preferred team to win would be Aussie, but I certainly wouldn't have cried if they won.

add_sauce

Cricket Spectator

My least preferred team to win would be Aussie, but I certainly wouldn't have cried if they won.
x2. NZ are the world Sports Powerhouse. Them winning this World Cup isn't just a good thing, it's the right thing.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Everything on this Lords' wicket for mine. If it's a road England will be close to unbeatable. If there's something in it for the seamers, NZ are right in it.
Feels like it's been a while since NZ played on a road, (the Windies game at Old Trafford perhaps), so it'll be interesting to see if the batting can get back to somewhere near its best. Of course, they will likely be out-batted by England then, but who knows in the pressure of a final.

Home advantage has got to count for something too, though Lord's isn't one of England's preferred venues - 6-6 W/L record since the previous world cup.

veganbob

U19 Captain
The result I was dreading and the worst possible result for me. I hope England can go all the way now. I will be in absolute ruins if NZ win this. England should play the same team. Hope Bairstow is alright. Just need to win the toss and put 250 on the board. Kiwis will choke.

Best possible result for the tourny. Best batting line up best bowling line up.

You are just sour because pakistan did not make it.
Atleast whoever wins - will be proven they have more xfactor than pakistan. An all timr pak wc squad would wipe the floor with Nz or eng all time. Yet pakistan haven't won a world cup since 92 (and dont bring in trash like t20 or champs trophy).
Despite having all those players they have not won The world cup since 92. Is the reason because they lack x factor /fold when under pressure? Or more to do with lack of fight/passion?

Oh well best 2 teams in the final. New winner. Can't wait!

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
We've only ever lost one ODI at Lord's (the pool match vs Australia). Hope the boys are also fired up by our dreadful test loss there in 2015 - a match we should've won by plenty

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IMO, the little kiwis deserve a huge pat on the back for scraping through to the final ahead of better teams.

Groundking

International Debutant
It's actually quite ridiculous how alike Williamson and Root are as ODI batsmen. Right handed no.3s who generally go at a run a ball to hold the innings together. Both guide the ball a lot down to third man as well (though Kane probably does it a lot more). It's definitely a good matchup; there's not much between them in the format.

Nah KW doesn't go anywhere near a run a ball, in recent years he's striked at late 70's early 80's and Root has striked at low 90's. Also Root averages a **** load more. Last 4 years KW 3020 @ 48.70 S/R 79.47 and JR 3773 @ 58.95 S/R 90.26

add_sauce

Cricket Spectator
England are done, they will not be able to match the Kiwi's. I'm not joking, England will collapse faster than their economy after Brexit.

Frost

U19 Debutant
IMO, the little kiwis deserve a huge pat on the back for scraping through to the final ahead of better teams.
Funny eh imagine a team winning the world cup and it's not even the number one sport and it's like a religion in some of these other countries. Blessed.

BeeGee

International Captain
just call in sick mate
It's going to be a pretty obvious fake illness, the day after the WC final.

The nice thing about living in the USA is nobody over here knows anything about it and if I wasn't already retired I'd be calling in sick.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain

I can't stand the team this WC. I am forced to root for the Poms. Thankfully I am sure England will win. They are a far superior side to NZ. I hope they pull out all the stops like bringing the boundaries in etc.