• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah look, saying England's bowling is as good or better than NZ's is overstating if a tad, but there is not some huge gulf either.......certainly not as much as in the team's respective batting lineups.

If our bowlers bring their same game from the semi to Lords, NZ will be in trouble. But I'd say consistency is the problem with our bowling unit so there is no guarantee that they will..........and Lords always worries me.
Come on, New Zealand’s bowling attack ****s all over England’s. The career averages of Woakes and Wood aren’t even close to New Zealand’s three quicks. Massive gulf.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Weirdest selection of all-time? Certainly has to go close to the worst player to play for a Top 8 nation in the modern era.
Was partly due to him being available playing for a local club, although he had a pretty good 2014/15 domestic season where CD won the Ford Trophy. There have been a few slightly fringe injury replacements on England tours over the years. Chris Pringle made his debut in similar circumstances on the 1990 tour (although he obviously went on to be an ODI star). Stu Roberts also got called in on the 94 tour, although I think he only played county games.

Flem274*

123/5
yea that record goes to james marshall

good thing im not going to bed tonight because that name gives me nightmares.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yea that record goes to james marshall

good thing im not going to bed tonight because that name gives me nightmares.
There was an unidentified Marshall at the semi-final that they kept putting the camera on. More likely to be Hamish, but I honestly wouldn't have a ****ing clue.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't Australia pick a bloke out of the crowd for a game against NZ one day?

Ah, yep, found it - Luke Pomersbach:
Pomersbach then made a most unusual debut for the Australian cricket team in a Twenty20 International against New Zealand in Perth on 11 December 2007. Having not been selected in the original squad for the match, Pomersbach was at the ground as a spectator, when a back injury to Brad Hodge during the warm-up forced the Australian team to call on Pomersbach as an emergency replacement.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Come on, New Zealand’s bowling attack ****s all over England’s. The career averages of Woakes and Wood aren’t even close to New Zealand’s three quicks. Massive gulf.
Ok. Australia probably thought much the same and their top order which has been pretty good all tourny were 14/3.

That's a really stupid response to my post which acknowledged the Kiwis are better and ours are inconsistent. But I'll tell you now, if bowl as well as we did against Aus (big if) then NZ are not wining this final.