• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Loving how NZ newspapers are all over this final. A favorite personal ritual is checking out native newspapers to see what the mood's like in faraway lands before a big game. Frequently been disappointed on that count, but this seems to have captured the country's attention. At least they're placing a ****load of bets.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Unecessary display of rudeness by trundler against a couple of quality posters here.

I expect GIMH and Sledger to be around here soon to pull him into line
Remember when we used to think trundler was good?

veganbob

U19 Captain
I think we’re rightfully big favourites. The bowling, which was seen as a weakness is arguably a strength right now and at least as good if not better than the NZ attack on current form. The batting too is clearly stronger in depth and more powerful.

Having said all that, I’m fully prepared for us to completely blow it.
Lol at England bowling being as good as NZ 's right now.

NZ has been the best bowling attack at this wc, comfortably better than England's just like England's batting has been better than NZ's. Thats why both team have lost 3 games each at this world cup.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah look, saying England's bowling is as good or better than NZ's is overstating if a tad, but there is not some huge gulf either.......certainly not as much as in the team's respective batting lineups.

If our bowlers bring their same game from the semi to Lords, NZ will be in trouble. But I'd say consistency is the problem with our bowling unit so there is no guarantee that they will..........and Lords always worries me.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Legit struggling to predict this. Think the pressure will get to England a bit, but they have too many bowling options not to make inroads into the NZ batsman throughout. I'm going with a 5 wicket win for Eng chasing 245