• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Rules were clear before the super over.

Amazing ODI. Best team in the tournament won the WC. And yes of course I’m bloody biased.

And emotional. And in a few hours I’ll be drunk.

God bless you England. ****ing beautiful.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Congratulations England. Well played NZ. Amazing final. That's all for now. Too exhausted to ponder any more.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Only thing I'll say is that I'm massively proud of NZ's players - they scrapped like nothing else, played some brilliant cricket in the semi and this final, and deserved to win, barring awful luck and a bizarre tie-breaker. They did everything they could've (barring Boult's catch) and can hold their heads very high. It wasn't meant to be.

England played some good cricket and will be happy to lift the trophy. But I'm not feeling it for them.

Victor Ian

International Coach
That is the cruelest result ever. What should have been the best ever result, 2 ties, has been sullied by the modern dictate to force a result on the day.
Grats to England. Completely worthy.
Commiserations to New Zealand. I don't know how you will come to live with those last two overs.
I hope, come Kane's speech he just screams 'faaaaark!'

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah I think people have heard of it but just didn't really care about it until it decided a World ****ing Cup.

Again though I can't think of any superior method in which NZ would've been adjusted to have won.
You could argue total wickets was a better differentiator than boundaries. Still obviously not ideal but it was the common way of deciding ties pre-Super Over.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Just woke up as I had no interest in having my nerves stretched by the final.

I feel like I made the right call.

Oh, and **** cricket. **** it right off.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Could have anything been done about the deflection 4 runs from stokes
Aside from changing the rules to reflect long-standing convention before the tournament, no.

It's one of those thing that the dickhead in the room will always say "imagine if that happened in the last over of a World Cup.." about when it happens, and everyone rolls their eyes at. But now it's happened, and the dickhead has a point.

Last edited: