• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jos Buttler

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Yeah, he actually has 2 't's' in his surname and one t during the innings break.

So, we've already briefly discussed how his wicket keeping is inferior to Bairstow's. Especially when keeping to the spinners where he incidentally makes Rashid look even worse than he is by dropping edges and missing stumpings.

But what about his batting? He must be one of the most over-rated players in cricketing history.

I know there will be a bunch of HK Blitz and baseball type fanboys on here who will wonder WTF? I am on about as I hear he sometimes bashes a few in some pop gun roadeos (intentional spelling) over the other side of the world.
But apart from a few waste of space ODI series (I think you guys have a special name for them) and that one time in the T20 televised Lancs v Yorks derby Bash some moons ago he's literally done nothing.

It's the same whether he comes in early or after Joe Root has crabbed half the game away and he's left with only bishy time.

If Glen Maxwell is The Big Show (or at least playing the comedy tent at the massive Glastonbury Festival) then Jos must be the nativity play junior school dress rehearsal...

....at a special school.

Denly, Hales, Vince.....give me any of them any day of the week...even Curran.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
should have been sent up at 3

its not like they are going to lose after having scored 120+ at that stage

Bijed

International Regular
Exactly. Why are they hiding him again?
Given the situation when the 1st wicket fell, Root was the perfect guy to just calmly guide us home, and it's not great leadership if Morgan demotes himself to send in Jos at 2 down. Tbf, it wouldn't have made much difference whoever we sent in, but the only remotely realistic way we could have messed up from there was if we decided to just smash our way to victory despite only needing about 3 an over and given away wickets to get Aus's tail up and start a mini-panic for them to exploit. Almost certainly wouldn't have happened if we had decided to put Buttler at 3 and you could argue some time in the middle would help him for the final, but I'm perfectly happy with us taking a lowest-risk option in a semi-final (plus Morgan getting a nice little cameo should do him some good too)

Last edited: