• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players Who Made You Taste It

Spark

Global Moderator
Santner last night really fed into the theory that, as a finger spinner especially, you want to spin the ball away from the bat. India's right-handers had no answer to him, but Jadeja came along and punted him with glee
Pant?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
A little bit Ferguson. He's been coming along over the past couple of seasons, but his stamina issues and lack of movement lead me to think that he'd end up being a bit of a latter-day Heath Davis. By the time of the World Cup, it was pretty clear that he deserved to be in the side as first change, but I still thought he'd have a relatively quiet tournament. Instead he's been awesome, and a huge part of why NZ are still in the competition despite only passing 250 once.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja and Carey should top this list. Rockstar Sir Jaddu has always been my ultimate favorite while I like Carey too. So happy about how they performed this WC.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay, Chris Woakes is not an unimpressive military medium trundler, as previously believed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jadeja and Carey should top this list. Rockstar Sir Jaddu has always been my ultimate favorite while I like Carey too. So happy about how they performed this WC.
I can understand Carey but Jadeja literally only played 2 games so can hardly see how you can read anything into his performance (although he did of course field for the whole time India were in the field I guess).

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I can understand Carey but Jadeja literally only played 2 games so can hardly see how you can read anything into his performance (although he did of course field for the whole time India were in the field I guess).
The ICC should clamp down on this. He’s pretty much fielding most of the overs whenever he’s the 12th man.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Since Burgey is unable to post this himself, I'm sure he would love to let you all know that Jason Roy has made him taste it........taste it real bad.

Last edited:

Daemon

Since Burgey is unable to post this himself, I'm sure he would love to let you all know that Jason Roy has made him taste it........taste it real bad.
Not just Roy is it, virtually everyone from England played well while next to no one besides Carey and Smith left the field with any credit.

Been a tough year for Burgey Pty Ltd. Share prices have plummeted due to three major losses this year - Border-Gavaskar, World Cup and Labor. They will likely continue to free fall as the Ashes looms closer.

cnerd123

likes this
Not just Roy is it, virtually everyone from England played well while next to no one besides Carey and Smith left the field with any credit.

Been a tough year for Burgey Pty Ltd. Share prices have plummeted due to three major losses this year - Border-Gavaskar, World Cup and Labor. They will likely continue to free fall as the Ashes looms closer.
Did you notice he laid off The Burgey Team?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
When he got selected there was a lot of scoffing and mockery. I think PEWS said it best. Everyone knew he was capable of this but no one saw it coming.

Dre Russ and Gayle probably biggest disappointments.
Bigger than Rashid Khan?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Rashid Khan played pretty well at times, conditions didn't suit at all. If they qualify in 2023 I'm sure he will have a much larger impact.

thierry henry

International Coach
Neesham actually knocked Stokes off his feet twice with 140kph+ yorkers at the death. There has always been a bit to work with there.

Daemon

Jason Roy has made me taste it hard. Once called him the Johnson Charles of England.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty sure everyone except Weldone way underrating Jadeja's bowling too.
Jadeja's semifinal batting caught me by surprise. I knew he was the world's best number 8 but he batted like the world's best number 6. I didn't see that coming to be honest.. Yea bowling was as I expected. I think Ashwin would do much better than our wrist-spinners too, if selected.