• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hate to say it Australia, but England are coming good at the right time, while you're knocked back on your heels following the loss to SA.

I rightly picked Australia to win their pool match vs. England, but backing England to win this semi.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This should be fun. Especially as I haven't figured out who I'm rooting for. I think Australia would be harder to beat at Lord's, so I think I'd have to root for England. As much as it pains me to do so.

Zinzan

This should be fun. Especially as I haven't figured out who I'm rooting for. I think Australia would be harder to beat at Lord's, so I think I'd have to root for England. As much as it pains me to do so.
It's a double edged sword isn't it. On one hand the horrible prospect of England getting closer to winning a WC, & on the other, Burgey.

Burner

International Regular
Would you rather have England opening their account on WC Trophy list or have Australia make it to 6 trophies. I can't make up my mind on this one.

Burgey

Hate to say it Australia, but England are coming good at the right time, while you're knocked back on your heels following the loss to SA.

I rightly picked Australia to win their pool match vs. England, but backing England to win this semi.
Australia will win this by 60 or six wickets.

Burgey

It's a double edged sword isn't it. On one hand the horrible prospect of England getting closer to winning a WC, & on the other, Burgey.
GFC. I’m consistently terrible win, lose or draw.

Burgey

Australia doesn’t lose WC semi finals mate. It just isn’t a done thing. Look it up.

Burgey

Gonna cause ructions when Australia calls up Elysse Perry as a replacement for Stoinis and she wins Player of the Final.

halba

International 12th Man
Gonna cause ructions when Australia calls up Elysse Perry as a replacement for Stoinis and she wins Player of the Final.
Playing XI for aus. Stoinis and Khawaja to be sent home. Wade or handscomb in. Mitch marsh all rounder in(he's already been sent as cover).

6 bowling options. 4 seam bowling options and 2 spin bowling options. Batting up to no.7

Team balance looks fine. Batting lineup is out of form bar 2-3 batters so they might consider Wade.

Finch(c)
Warner
Smith
Wade/Handscomb
Maxwell(all rounder)
Carey(wk)
Mitch Marsh(all rounder)
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Behrendorff.

Last edited:

Spikey

Australia possibly losing MVP is a massive blow

Thankfully I think they'll do everything possible to get him right

Spikey

consider:

finch
warner
smith
handscomb
wade (for usman)
carey
cummins
starc
doff
haze (stoinis)
lyon

wouldn't that be fun. they're screwed if the top 6 fail, but they're screwed if the top 6 fail anyway

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
All down the toss. All league games between semi finalists were won by team batting first.

James

Cricket Web Owner
To me, that should be the advantage of finishing first/second. You automatically win the toss. There should be some benefit to finishing first/second.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
"Moments after it was determined Australia were going to face England in the semi-final of the World Cup, Nathan Lyon sought to put all the pressure of expectation on England while saying Australia will have fun and play with smiles on their faces. Lyon said the World Cup was England's to lose while Australia had nothing to lose in the semi-final."

Did he lose his brains along with his hair? Nothing to lose it seems; they are the defending champions ffs.