• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli may or may not pick Jadhav. But imo Jadhav has been almost non-existent in the World Cup so far. So picking Jadeja would barely dent our batting while also bringing an alternative bowling option. If top order fails and Jadhav gets to bat, it will be a low score and he won't get to bowl most likely anyway.

Team selection will depend a lot on weather and pitch conditions.
He got 2 proper chances to bat. Got a useful 50 against Afg and gave away his wicket with a poor shot against WI.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
I can't figure out who I'd rather have win this one. Neither team really deserves to be here. NZ because they got very lucky with external factors and India for their atrocious display Vs England.

As for the match, the forecast is for a cloudy day. If NZ win the toss and bowl, the much vaunted Indian top order may get blown away. Chasing might actually be a better option for this game despite it being a semi

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, the team that topped the table didn't deserve to be here.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yes, the team that topped the table didn't deserve to be here.
Not in the NZ sense that India didn't play well. They have been the team to beat this tournament along with Australia so credit to them...but the lack of intent they showed for whatever reason Vs England is unbecoming of a champion side.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yea his 50 against Afghanistan was crucial.
So he deserves to be backed. It's not like we have better alternatives. DK can not be expected to play longer knocks, Pant lacks experience, Jadeja is a bowler who can bat a bit.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I have a lot of time for Jadhav especially when it comes to crunch situations. Jadeja's batting is the biggest myth in Indian cricket; the guy struggles to get the ball off the square on most days.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, it's baffling how someone with batting average of 30 is considered a better option than someone with batting average of 43 (to go with SR of 100).

Jadeja is a great guy. There is lot to like about his attitude. Gives everything he has got even when he is just a replacement fielder. But I struggle to remember his most memorable ODI performance. I can name at least one from everyone else I advocate a place for in the team (Pant being an exception being so new).

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do you mean "memorable performance with the bat"? Because Jaddu has quietly been doing well whenever given a chance over the last year. He did pretty well in the Asia Cup, for starters.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, with the bat. With the ball, he may have commanded a place if we didn't have 5 bowlers better than him.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
You know what's unconvincing for a champion side? Never beating India in a single World Cup game.
How is this relevant to what I posted? The only record that really matters is overall h2h record where Pakistan are 12-9 in tests and something like 75-55 in ODIs.

None of the above is relevant to how Dhoni and co. played Vs England though. One of the most cowardly displays and really not befitting a champion team. Do we really want our World Champions to play like that for whatever reason?

cnerd123

likes this
How is this relevant to what I posted? The only record that really matters is overall h2h record where Pakistan are 12-9 in tests and something like 75-55 in ODIs.

None of the above is relevant to how Dhoni and co. played Vs England though. One of the most cowardly displays and really not befitting a champion team. Do we really want our World Champions to play like that for whatever reason?
Lol no the only record that matters is the 2019 CWC Points Table and where you stand on it.

Do we really want our World Champions to barley beat Afghanistan and get destroyed by 9th-placed West Indies inside 35 overs? Some of the worst fielding on display throughout the entire tournament too.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lol no the only record that matters is the 2019 CWC Points Table and where you stand on it.

Do we really want our World Champions to barley beat Afghanistan and get destroyed by 9th-placed West Indies inside 35 overs? Some of the worst fielding on display throughout the entire tournament too.
Then why are you talking about India Pak WC record?

Look the Afghanistan game was one game. NZ also struggled vs West Indies and scraped through vs SA. Since we are talking about Afghanistan, NZ were close to losing against a comparable side to Afghanistan in Bangladesh who Pakistan convincingly swatted away. NZ also escaped India and Pak didn't get to beat up on SL.

cnerd123

likes this
Then why are you talking about India Pak WC record?

Look the Afghanistan game was one game. NZ also struggled vs West Indies and scraped through vs SA. Since we are talking about Afghanistan, NZ were close to losing against a comparable side to Afghanistan in Bangladesh who Pakistan convincingly swatted away. NZ also escaped India and Pak didn't get to beat up on SL.
So basically NZ won all the games Pakistan didn't

Glad they're in the Semi Final then

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
So basically NZ won all the games Pakistan didn't

Glad they're in the Semi Final then
They didn't win all the games. Pak comfortably beat NZ (as usual). Now I don't want to derail an India Vs NZ thread. We can continue in another thread.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They didn't win all the games. Pak comfortably beat NZ (as usual). Now I don't want to derail an India Vs NZ thread. We can continue in another thread.
Oh my. I think we're seeing the beginnings of a burgeoning romance here. The star crossed lovers - one a Pakistan fan, the other a fan of every other nation. They are meant to be. The modern day Romeo and Juliet. Torn apart by their cricketing (dis)loyalties.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
As usual is interesting.

Since beating you at the 2011 World Cup, it's NZ 14 - Pakistan 4, with two no results. 9-0 in NZ. 5-3 (to us) on the sub-continent. But 1-0 to you now on any other continent. There is that. Oh yeah then there was the Test series late last year. Should we include that too?

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Lol a Pakistan fan instead of reflecting on how his team got gang-banged by West Indies that only won 2 games all tournament, one against AFG the other you know who....

Let's focus on the imaginary semi final between Pakistan and India eh

Oh did I mention how they wanted to ensure a safe victory against Bangladesh instead of shooting for stars, like we did in 2015? Dream Big NZ? Our boys would have tried for the miracle in that position, no shame in losing by 10 wickets in trying.

I genuinely was nervous about PAK scoring 400 then bowl out BAN for 80, Wasi said PAK can do anything, but they didn't even try in this game, nor the opener vs WI, they created their own fate.