• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For fans of eliminated teams

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Comisserations.

Who did you support and who will you be supporting for the rest of the cup? Who do you most hope DOESN'T win the cup (other than Australia, who all neutrals must consider public enemy number 1)?

Specifically this is just for SA, WI and Afghanistan fans right now but as other sides get eliminated feel free to add to the conversation.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I would like NZ to win because of Kane.... and because of NZ being just about everybody's 2nd team of 'good blokes'. Pakistan or Bangladesh would be nice. Love to see how Mickey would react to Pakistan winning.

Ultimately as long as none of the big three win it would good, but suspect this will be another win for Aus.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Putting myself into the shoes of a fan of an eliminated team -

"What World Cup?"

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Comisserations.

Who did you support and who will you be supporting for the rest of the cup? Who do you most hope DOESN'T win the cup (other than Australia, who all neutrals must consider public enemy number 1)?

Specifically this is just for SA, WI and Afghanistan fans right now but as other sides get eliminated feel free to add to the conversation.
WI is not officially eliminated yet, but if not for India, I wanted WI to win. And just like the comment above, I will prefer the good boys NZ to win as well apart from India obviously.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
NZ for me. A likeable team who maximise their ability and mostly find a way of winning key moments.

I did want England to do well as they've played so magnificently for 3 years now so deserve it. But their commentators and journalists have been pretty unbearable at times so I won't be so sad if they get knocked out.

Spark

Global Moderator
If English cricket was strictly limited to the actual cricketers and the cricket they played then they'd be incredibly easy to support. But it isn't.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
If English cricket was strictly limited to the actual cricketers and the cricket they played then they'd be incredibly easy to support. But it isn't.
This! Now we're officially out I've decided I'm not backing anyone, I just hope for some great cricket, no weather interuptions and no dodgy umpiring.