• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

32nd Match - England v Australia

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
My GGG Grandfather sailed from Eng to Aus in 1858 as a 16 year old ( so not a convict) and my Mums Grandfather knocked up some english lass in Eng during WW1, so my Grandfather was born in England....I think this means it's not racist if I hang **** on the English this game *****?
yea i don't really care just start the mudflinging already

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
I think its a bit different... All 4 of my grandparents have British background - bit different to race based banter which I don't participate in. We have essentially the same culture so mocking over the very minor differences(bad weather, tea and crumpets, dickhead cricketers) is far less venomous than ***** is making it seem

And I'm aware we possess the dickhead cricketers
I think your cricketers are better than they were. I like Steve Smith a lot. Great cricketer, good guy. Starc the same.

The first bit, I probably disagree with a little through personal experience. But I get the point you're making and think my truth lies somewhere in between your guy's.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Same thing, different dress. Not better, by any means.

This game should be a cracker. Though I look at that Aus team and see so many flaws that I can't see them winning the crunch games. But, who knows.
I know what you mean. The England juggernaut has truly stirred - shipping 350 and losing to a Pakistan line up which doesn’t know what end of the bat to hold, then failing to chase 220 odd against the might of the current Sri Lanka outfit. Can see why you’d be properly confident in them getting it done.

Spikey

and did you know that marcus stoinis is the most valuable player in the world

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
I know what you mean. The England juggernaut has truly stirred - shipping 350 and losing to a Pakistan line up which doesn’t know what end of the bat to hold, then failing to chase 220 odd against the might of the current Sri Lanka outfit. Can see why you’d be properly confident in them getting it done.
Yeah, I'm confident England will win on Tuesday, whatever the previous results. And I'm also hoping for Aus in the semis as well. I think all 3 teams are better than NZ, but I think Aus is comfortably the weakest of them.

Burgey

I wonder neutrals will support in this one, particularly blokes like ***** who have a thousand other sides they support head of these two.

BeeGee

International Captain
I wonder neutrals will support in this one, particularly blokes like ***** who have a thousand other sides they support head of these two.
Personalty I'll be rooting for Aus. Possibly for the first time in my life. Just because an England loss keeps that 4th semi spot still up for grabs and keeps things interesting.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Wonder no more Burgey Murgey, for the answers can be found in the ***** Ideal Scenario - Who To Support Cheat Sheet.

All neutrals should be supporting England in this game, as that result will help lead towards the most desirable outcome of neither England or Australia qualifying for the Semi Finals.

Factor in some washouts imo
Yea I'll have to update and re-calculate things when the weather inevitably plays spoilsport again.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wonder no more Burgey Murgey, for the answers can be found in the ***** Ideal Scenario - Who To Support Cheat Sheet.

All neutrals should be supporting England in this game, as that result will help lead towards the most desirable outcome of neither England or Australia qualifying for the Semi Finals.

Yea I'll have to update and re-calculate things when the weather inevitably plays spoilsport again.
But that's not the most desirable outcome. The most desirable outcome is India and Australia not making the finals for neutrals. Because both have experience winning cups and are going to make life a lot harder for your Bangladesh/ Pakistan cup fantasies.

cnerd123

likes this
But that's not the most desirable outcome. The most desirable outcome is India and Australia not making the finals for neutrals. Because both have experience winning cups and are going to make life a lot harder for your Bangladesh/ Pakistan cup fantasies.
If India don't make the KO stage then the 2023 WC won't even have finals.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And the only difference between India and England not making it in your two scenarios is that England have to beat India.