• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

31st Match - Bangladesh v Afghanistan

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Danger game for the Bangers here as Afghanistan are looking a little better of late.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea real banana peel game here. BD better rock up and bring their A Game. Need a healthy win to stay in this.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Heard it is going to be a spinner's pitch. And both sides have loads of spinners. Looking forward to a bowling battle. Will be disappointed if this is again a drab 320 (BD) vs 200 (Afg).

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bangas fairly easily. I've officially lost hope in Afghanistans ability to pile on more than 250

And the deshis batting is starting to look really solid -theyl be able to chase anything up to 300

cnerd123

likes this
BD scoring 300 vs this Afghanistan spin attack when it's on song will be tough.

BD need to be smart here. While there is a good argument for bowling first, I reckon they should bat, and be confident that they'll get 250 on the board. Then it's about choking this out of touch batting lineup like India did a couple of days ago.

Athlai

Not Terrible

BD need to be smart here. While there is a good argument for bowling first, I reckon they should bat, and be confident that they'll get 250 on the board. Then it's about choking this out of touch batting lineup like India did a couple of days ago.
Spin wasn't really the major factor vs. India here though was it?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

They'd be pretty confident defending anything >200 against the 'ghan wouldn't they? I know they ran India close but that seems like an aberration rather than an indicator of what their batting line up can do.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They'd be pretty confident defending anything >200 against the 'ghan wouldn't they? I know they ran India close but that seems like an aberration rather than an indicator of what their batting line up can do.
Bangladesh's bowling is definitely their weaker suit though, and their best bowlers bowl finger spin which there's a smaller gap in proficiency against between Afghanistan's batsmen and the rest of the tournament in. Shahidi and Asghar average mid 30s against Bangladesh after half a dozen or so games each; 250 isn't completely beyond them. It'd be an uphill battle but it's doable for them. Bangladesh should be very comfortable defending any more than that though I'd say.

Last edited:

Burgey

Fair point. Might be an interesting game, but I expect the Bangers to get up. Got a lot to play for.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Afghanistan's scores against Bangladesh in ODIs:

254/6 (50) - won defending
162 all out - lost chasing
258 all out (50) - lost chasing
212/8 (49.4) - won chasing
138 all out - lost chasing
255/7 - won defending
246/7 - lost chasing

So 250ish is well within the realm of possibility I think, particularly given those last two games are the only ones in the last two years.

But yeah definitely agree Bangladesh should win. They should be able to score a fair bit more than that anyway IMO and I think it's a bit of an upper bound for Afghanistan rather than what I actually expect them to get.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Afghanistan's scores against Bangladesh in ODIs:

254/6 (50) - won defending
162 all out - lost chasing
258 all out (50) - lost chasing
212/8 (49.4) - won chasing
138 all out - lost chasing
255/7 - won defending
246/7 - lost chasing

So 250ish is well within the realm of possibility I think, particularly given those last two games are the only ones in the last two years.

But yeah definitely agree Bangladesh should win. They should be able to score a fair bit more than that anyway IMO and I think it's a bit of an upper bound for Afghanistan rather than what I actually expect them to get.
All the scores are 250ish or less but none of them would have been played on the roads of England. BD is getting 300+ comfortably in these roads.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
All the scores are 250ish or less but none of them would have been played on the roads of England. BD is getting 300+ comfortably in these roads.
Oh yeah definitely. I don't think Afghanistan can take advantage of the roads as well so I think their upper bound is probably still 250ish unless Nabi and/or Najib go nuts but Bangladesh can pile on runs on roads with the best of them these days.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heard it is going to be a spinner's pitch. And both sides have loads of spinners. Looking forward to a bowling battle. Will be disappointed if this is again a drab 320 (BD) vs 200 (Afg).
I reckon this will be a very accurate prediction

trundler

That's probably a sign of things to come.

If anyone's running a score prediction competition I'll go 332