• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

28th Match - India v Afghanistan

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Opportunity to test the bench. Karthik, Pant, Shankar, Jadeja can all get a game. Shami is of course going to play in absence of Bhuvi.

But can playing bench set up an upset defeat?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Opportunity to test the bench. Karthik, Pant, Shankar, Jadeja can all get a game. Shami is of course going to play in absence of Bhuvi.

Yes, rest Dhoni, Jadhav, Chahal and Pandya for above 4. It won't be a major impact and gives them good match practice.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just play Shami for Bhuvi and maybe Shankar for Pant or something. Can't go crazy with experimentation in a live WC match.

cnerd123

likes this
I'd rest Dhoni, Pandya, Chahal. Go in with:

Rohit
Lokesh
Kohli
Karthik
Jadhav
Shankar
Pant
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah

Should steamroll Afghanistan easily and get the bench some valuable match time.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Why rest Dhoni at this stage? He hasn't got a great deal of match batting practice yet.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Tbh, none of the batsmen apart from Rohit and Kohli(arguably) got to spend a lot of time in the middle. India has played 3 WC matches in 4 weeks. The winning combination needs to keep going. Drafting in Pant should be only because he belongs to the best available XI at this moment, which he very well could be.

Victor Ian

International Coach
If you want some others to come in for some batting practice then surely you rest the top 3. If you don't you are just trading whose bums sit on the change room seats. Bowling is dangerous to meddle with because the incumbents are why India are so good. If you experiment, I'd change no more than 1 player.

Ulzan69

Banned
I'd rest Dhoni, Pandya, Chahal. Go in with:

Rohit
Lokesh
Kohli
Karthik
Jadhav
Shankar
Pant
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah

Should steamroll Afghanistan easily and get the bench some valuable match time.
I am afraid Afghanistan might beat India koz
Asia cup 50/50 in September, Game was tie -- 252 vs 252

Afghanistan starving to take revenge of Humiliation of Banglore test were Indian bowlers took 20 wickets on day 2 ( under 4 hours) --inaugural test

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

None of the bench are playing. Ought to have kept DK and Pant warm at least.