• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

27th Match - England v Sri Lanka

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
You all thought the dark horses of this world cup would be Pakistan, West Indies, NZ or Bangladesh...

But no, it was Sri Lanka all along! No one suspects Sri Lanka.

Fooled by Sri Lanka's guise of mediocrity England will be ripe for the plucking tonight.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka are still on paper the only side outside the top 4 that have any kind of chance of making the semis. It would require them winning pretty much everything and some of the top 4 losing pretty much everything, but it's still doable.

aussie tragic

International Captain
The way I see it is that BD is the 'best of the rest' and should win against AFG and may win against Pak, which would give them a maximum of 9 points.

This means that Aus (10) and NZ (9 with better NRR) are already in the semis and Eng (8) will be locked in once they beat SL tonight and India (7 with better NRR) will be locked in once they beat AFG tomorrow.

However, with Eng having to play Aus, NZ and India in last 3 games, a loss against SL tonight will place the Hosts on shakey ground...go Sri Lanka :)

Last edited:

mr_mister

SL winning this would be awesome and also classic SL. I'm definitely rooting for them

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The way I see it is that BD is the 'best of the rest' and should win against AFG and may win against Pak, which would give them a maximum of 9 points.

This means that Aus (10) and NZ (9 with better NRR) are already in the semis and Eng (8) will be locked in once they beat SL tonight and India (7 with better NRR) will be locked in once they beat AFG tomorrow.

However, with Eng having to play Aus, NZ and India in last 3 games, a loss against SL tonight will place the Hosts on shakey ground...go Sri Lanka :)
BD have done themselves proud this tournament. Shakib has been a supreme star and has won hearts. If not a semi which looks unlikely now, them ending in 5th position will totally justify how they have played.

mr_mister

Threw a stewy diver on Kusal Perera to take MOM paying $21

Starting to really rate this bloke

cnerd123

likes this
I'm willing to endure more randycricfreak garbage as long as it means keeping BD alive in this tournament. Go Lanka!

91Jmay

International Coach
Not the worlds best shot. If he'd have just tried to time it was a boundary all day just massively tried to over hit it.