• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

26th Match - Australia v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
There's no way they're beating India, so the World Cup now desperately needs Bangladesh to win this.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If only we had Short, Turner, Hazlewood and Pattinson playing...oh well, we might scrape by
Pattinson is junk at white ball cricket. Short's kinda **** at anything that isn't T20 too.

Do think the side really needs Hazlewood and Turner though. If only Turner's shoulder wasn't bung, as he'd be a good 6th bowling option too.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Pattinson is junk at white ball cricket. Short's kinda **** at anything that isn't T20 too.

Do think the side really needs Hazlewood and Turner though. If only Turner's shoulder wasn't bung, as he'd be a good 6th bowling option too.
If Short played, he would have to open, and we already have no shortage of options there. Turner would have been pretty handy though, slot him in alongside Maxwell at 5 or 6 and suddenly our middle order looks much more dynamic

Pretty much given up on the idea of Turner ever being a viable bowling option though

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If Bangers lose this then the top 4 are pretty likely to just be NZ Au Eng and Ind.
Pakistan probably have the best chance of upsetting the apple-cart. AFG, BANG, NZL and SAF are all winnable games for them (mind you I wouldn't be that surprised if they lost all 4 of them).

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pakistan probably have the best chance of upsetting the apple-cart. AFG, BANG, NZL and SAF are all winnable games for them (mind you I wouldn't be that surprised if they lost all 4 of them).
Problem is, they HAVE to win all 4. Just 3 isn't going to be enough. And 3 of those matches are coin flips at best for Pakistan.

Burgey

****. Still with Zampa over Lyon. So many lefties and they didn’t pick him.

cnerd123

likes this
BD can chase 320 again but they'll need to see off Starc and Cummins to do so.

Not sure about this team BD have selected tho. Moses was providing useful 6th bowler overs and Shaifuddin was BD's leading wicket taker and adding value with the bat. Plus I don't like it when teams change a winning combination for no apparent reason. I could see Rubel going for plenty. Hope he proves me wrong.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
I want Bangers to win this one bad . I predicted they'd lift the World Cup one day , when I first saw Iqbal and Al Hassan and others coming through in the noughties . They haven't progressed at quite the rate I'd hoped for , but they are a very dangerous unit on their day.

Both these sides are playing nice cricket though , for the most part . They are both worthy semi-finalists based on their performance so far . We've seen flashes of brilliance from Sri Lanka , Pakistan and West Indies...but plenty of very sub par stuff too . India . New Zealand , England , Bangladesh and Australia are all showing well so far . At least one of them is gonna be knocked out and not truly deserve it .

trundler

No Shaifuddin is a blow. Sack Mortaza for this I say! Interesting how Zampa will go. Come on TPC.