• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

25th Match - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why do they need to wait another 25 ****ing minutes before having the toss? The stupid time wastage should be unacceptable in cricket in this day and age. And why do they need a full half hour from that until the match starts? They only need 10 minutes in T20s. Moronic as usual.
Could all just be factored into giving the ground more time to dry perhaps

cnerd123

likes this
Considering the way it tends to be applied I doubt it, even if it does have that effect.
I can tell you for a fact that is the reason why, along with giving groundstaff time to finish preparing the ground for play, broadcasters time to get everything set up, and team coaches/managers time to get miscellaneous admin sorted and warmups underway. The process is asses the conditions, figure when you're likely to start, and then announce the toss accordingly.

But if you prefer to view the professionals who do this for a living as being incompetent instead, then feel free to do so.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I can tell you for a fact that is the reason why, along with giving groundstaff time to finish preparing the ground for play, broadcasters time to get everything set up, and team coaches/managers time to get miscellaneous admin sorted and warmups underway. The process is asses the conditions, figure when you're likely to start, and then announce the toss accordingly.

But if you prefer to view the professionals who do this for a living as being incompetent instead, then feel free to do so.
I mean ... Nigel Llong is involved ...

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!

No you can't.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
No you can't.
I actually can, but playing the "I've spoken to actual international umpires and know how these things work' card doesn't fly on the internet, so i'll drop it and let you believe whatever it is you want to believe. It's a lot more fun to imagine that armchair keyboard warriors know how to better administrate/coach/umpire cricket than the professionals who actually do this, so why shatter that illusion?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can tell you for a fact that is the reason why, along with giving groundstaff time to finish preparing the ground for play
Then they should say the ground is fit for play in an hour, not now.

broadcasters time to get everything set up, and team coaches/managers time to get miscellaneous admin sorted and warmups underway. The process is asses the conditions, figure when you're likely to start, and then announce the toss accordingly.

Dude, the broadcasters were already set up, and you're telling me that the teams, broadcasters, admins etc. can prepare in 20-odd minutes for a T20 but if there was a reduced-length ODI they'd still need the full hour odd? And no I never said they were incompetent, I'm saying the procedures are obviously wrong because they have proven that they can already prepare in a shorter length of time. Stop making excuses for things.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Win toss, bowl, unchanged side - sticking with the formula I see. Possibly a good toss to win given how cloudy it is, but anything upwards of 250 will be NZ's first testing chase against this attack. Should be a great game.