• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

24th Match - England v Afghanistan

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
101 in 57 balls. England always has that one guy to go absolutely bonkers. Bairstow, Roy, Morgan, Buttler or a series of 30(10)'s from the lower order players. Can't keep them to a chaseable score unless you bowl them out < 300.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, England's bashers don't allow to go at his own pace. Root's ability to build an innings game after game allows the rest to hit out around him.

Victor Ian

International Coach
FMD. driving home Morgan was on about 15 and England were under 6 an over. Get home and the guy already has 100. He's gone full beast mode.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
The only reason for inviting Afghanistan to bat would have been concerns over the weather and hoping to dismiss them as quickly as possible.
10.30 am starts in England with a bit of moisture about can do a bit for an hour . Used pitch though so six of one , half a dozen of t'other :) We've seen in the past with England getting turned over in limited overs by much lesser teams who wanted it more . For England it's the least important game for years :for some of the Afghani lads it's the current pinnacle of their sporting careers. My instinct was to go for the soft underbelly and aim to dismiss them cheap .

As I typed that , England scored about 35 runs, so I was probably wrong .