• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

23th Match - West Indies v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Niall

International Coach
Russell is a really interesting one,,,in t20 you'd play him even not fully fit,,, but this campaign he has been infuriating. Yep the injury has been an issue, but his batting even for him has been reckless. That dismissal v Australia was horrific and crucial, if he hangs about a little more then win and then who knows?

I would not bin him in the ODI stuff yet, but he needs to realise their is a difference between both limited over formats. He's also a senior lets not forget.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Russell is a really interesting one,,,in t20 you'd play him even not fully fit,,, but this campaign he has been infuriating. Yep the injury has been an issue, but his batting even for him has been reckless. That dismissal v Australia was horrific and crucial, if he hangs about a little more then win and then who knows?

I would not bin him in the ODI stuff yet, but he needs to realise their is a difference between both limited over formats. He's also a senior lets not forget.
If he's fit I'd play him but I'm not sure he will ever be fit again and him going on and off in this world cup, collapsing at the end of each spell etc has been farcical.

Niall

International Coach
If he's fit I'd play him but I'm not sure he will ever be fit again and him going on and off in this world cup, collapsing at the end of each spell etc has been farcical.
Yeah. I'd be very tempted to tell him to drop 50 overs because if he tries to play both formats I don't see him making the 2023 world cup and it may even restrict his appearances in the t20 stuff where he excels and will be crucial next year if West Indies want to retain that world cup.

Last edited:

Beamer

Yeah. I'd be very tempted to tell him to drop 50 overs because if he tries to play both formats I don't see him making the 2023 world cup and it may even restrict his appearances in the t20 stuff where he excels and will be crucial next year if West Indies want to retain that world cup.
Absolutely. I'd invest in Keemo Paul who is a potentially brilliant cricketer.

Borges

International Regular
It is interesting that Holder placed almost all the blame on the West Indian batting. 321 is not undefendable, even on a relatively flat pitch with small boundaries.

Beamer

It is interesting that Holder placed almost all the blame on the West Indian batting. 321 is not undefendable, even on a relatively flat pitch with small boundaries.
He has a history of doing and saying this. He has captained so many complete collapses in the field defending 300 plus and yet blamed the batting.

He's not imaginative enough in the field in ODI's. We definitely need some new thinking at the top.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
What a knock from Shakib, and Liton finally doing some justice to his talent

Also Mashrafe had ER of 4.62 today while all other bowlers from both teams went at 6+. Suck that Tec :)
What's that? You do realize that he bowled most of overs upfront with the new ball when WI were being more defensive? Got smashed when he did bowl later on bowl later on. Only bailed out out by Mustafizur taking crucial wickets even while being horribly mishandled and not being bowled for his full ten by captain cool again.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Don't get that. Who is overrated based on where they were born?

We are not a terrible side and we have some superb talent with the record to prove it. I'd agree that we were not amongst the favourites but the last 2 matches have been disappointing.
You say this but since 2012 the fact is that they’ve won 3 whole series, against Bangladesh, Ireland and Zimbabwe. How is that proving any real talent?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You say this but since 2012 the fact is that they’ve won 3 whole series, against Bangladesh, Ireland and Zimbabwe. How is that proving any real talent?
It certainly doesn't prove they're not a terrible side. Indeed, quite the opposite.

Beamer

As I said previously, we have been selecting some terrible sides during this period in our history. We have not been able to build up any momentum through consistently selecting our best players.

We have one of the ATG limited overs batsmen in Gayle. We have a wicket keeper batsman who averages over 50 and also strikes at over 90 when opening the innings in Hope. We have a middle order batsman with 4 centuries and our 4th quickest ever to 1000 runs. Nicholas Pooran is freakishly talented, all you have to do is watch him bat to see that. We have some undeniably useful fast bowlers also.

Now I concede there are gaps and we're definitely not up there with the best at the moment but given time to play them all together consistently and a few additions they could be very strong indeed.