• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New guys in the mix for the 2023 World Cup

MrPrez

International Debutant
Van Tonder, Makwetu, Coetzee...... Bryce Parsons, Marco Jansen (have not seen the last two but hearing good things)
All future prospects but perhaps only van Tonder will be ready in time for the next world cup - Makwetu perhaps as well, but unlikely.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Oshado Fernando the bat who goes by BOP on scorecards?

Besides Phillippe and Meredith, I think Bryant and Sutherland should get chances.
Yep.

Am I the only one that thinks Meredith is overhyped? Could easily just be a one hit wonder. He's not that young.....

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep.

Am I the only one that thinks Meredith is overhyped? Could easily just be a one hit wonder. He's not that young.....
He's a bit overhyped by people like Warne who were calling for him to play for Australia off the back of a couple of good Big Bash performances. But he's got plenty of pace and can bowl a decent outswinger, so there is definitely something to work with.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Meredith turns 23 next week. He is young enough. When you think that we have KaneRich, NCN, Behrendorff in the mix, I feel like Meredith will be worth a shot if he bowls well.

There are of course others like Stanlake and Kelly (both 24) worth a look. Morgie, dont forget im just talking about the lead up to and the 2023 world cup, nothing wrong with a few 27-28 year olds.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah forgot about Kelly, think he could be a good chance. Can bowl hard first class lengths early in the innings, and then hit a real good yorker at the death

As for Stanlake, he will definitely get a few more opportunities fitness permitting

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Will Young, despite not actually being that young anymore, will definitely be a central part of NZ's batting over the next 4 years.
Tim Seifert may possibly take over the keeping duties from Latham if he can ever get his glove-skills above club standard.