• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The English Summer of 2019

aussie tragic

International Captain
So 5th to 9th on the table have rain affected matches, positions 1 to 4 have had clear weather...WC to be decided by weather it seems

BeeGee

International Captain
Yeah, this sucks. I was thoroughly enjoying the WC up until this ****** weather. More washouts for the next two days as well.

Screw you weather, you steaming piece of pimply ****.

Jezroy

State Captain
Looking at the next 4-5 games, I reckon there’ll be enough time for results in all except New Zealand vs India. Weather for that one is ****ed.

Hopefully that’s it then. 4 games out of 45 I can take as not too bad. But you’ve got to feel for the likes of Pakistan and Bangladesh who you would expect missed out on a chance to get a good result against Sri Lanka.

That’s enough now, thanks.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Should have had reserve days like 1999...
Yeah, I mean, it seems so obvious on the face of it.

I'm sure the organisers will come out with some mealy mouthed cobblers about scheduling, but it's not exactly rocket surgery to design a fixture list with built in reserve days, is it?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There are reserve days for the KO stage I thought?
There are, but it's not hard to envisage a scenario where a team needs to win its last group game to progress and it gets rained off, which arses up the whole integrity of the tournament.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Had to put the heating on earlier too. In ****ing June.

And everyone is driving slow on the M56.

Terrible

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If NZ-India is cooked because of the weather, it'll be a travesty. Potentially the highest quality game of the tourney to date.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If NZ-India is cooked because of the weather, it'll be a travesty. Potentially the highest quality game of the tourney to date.
Agreed. On current form they're very evenly matched, with the NZ attack slightly better than the India batting slightly ahead*.

*though Dhawan missing leaves a pretty big hole in the side.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its just so frustrating for everyone as the tournament started quite well. Imagine being a travelling Sri Lanka fan, youd be pretty annoyed.

91Jmay

International Coach
It is crap obviously but shouldn't be used as an excuse for qualifying for Semis. Enough games for good teams to win out.