• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Indian Fans Hugbox Thread

rythy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Think today is the ultimate proof that India for the rest of the world cup if they win the toss should never elect to chase,,,and obviously if you win the toss against them make them chase:ph34r:

Dhawan though what a ****ing huge loss he is,,,today was ideal for him.
Not really. Except for the Ban-WI match most of the teams have struggled to chase in high score matches (and here we were trying to gun down the record chase in WC)

cnerd123

likes this
See the thing is India can still win this WC

Last two group stage games should be a cakewalk. Then it's just the two KO games. In both games, if our bowling shows up, we only need about 250-280 with the bat, and that's been pretty easy for this lineup despite all it's flaws.

Chahal has had one bad game. He's bowled well so far as has Kuldeep. I can see the argument for getting Jaddu in the XI, but I don't want to go down the 'pick a bowler for his batting' route and Jaddu is already basically fielding all 50 overs anyways.

Pant/MSD as opener is interesting but they just don't have the game to survive the Aus/Eng/Pak/NZ new ball attacks. Lokesh, for his flaws, has some sort of proven track record, and I reckon we can rely on him to get us some sort of start more often than not. The 9 ball duck was his first low score of this WC, his next lowest score with a dismissal is 26 off 42. Pant and MSD are both wayyy too prone to nicking off early Vs a swinging ball.

The only change I would consider is Karthik for Kedar. If Jadhav isn't going to bowl, we may as well leave him out for a batsman who is more dynamic, probably in better touch, and who is also a much better fielder.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
The answer for #4 is Kedar Jadhav. He is not a Pandya clone who should be used for quick fire 40s. He once scored a 76 ball 120 to chase down 250 while batting with Kohli and outshining him. Averages 43 with a SR of 100+. Give the guy his due. Save him from influence of Dhoni playing at other end.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Lot of my FB mates are bagging Jadhav. I think they are noobs who didn't see any cricket in last 3 years leading up to the world cup. Do you folks agree?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jadhav has provided steadily diminishing returns after that debut series and has looked at best, mediocre in this World Cup. Should definitely move on from him after this tournament and try out new options.

cnerd123

likes this
Lot of my FB mates are bagging Jadhav. I think they are noobs who didn't see any cricket in last 3 years leading up to the world cup. Do you folks agree?
Jadhav has a record behind him and deserves to be here but hasn't looked all that good so far. The Afghanistan 50 was vital TBF.

OverratedSanity

I don't think many people realise he's also 34 years old. I think he's been decent overall since he's come into the team but if he doesn't do better in the remaining games this wc, the correct decision would be to move on and give a younger batsman a chance.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Beyond world cup we definitely have to move on from him. But he is not as jammy as Shankar and Dhoni. People are clubbing all into one box right now. Jadhav doesn't get to bat as much so probably people don't understand what he brings to the table.

vcs

Jadhav and Dhoni still have their uses if we find ourselves at, say, 3/80 chasing around 240. The problem with having both of them in the lineup is that a middle order batsman is supposed to be adaptable and versatile, which they aren't at all. Jadhav seems to have very few shots as well, hardly any scoring options other than the dab down to third man. What exactly are his strengths as a batsman?

I get that Dhoni sucks right now but if you throw in his keeping and experience, he'll always bring more to the table than Jadhav. He's still better than most of the other keeper-batsmen in the competition.

Last edited:

vcs

Let's look at the other keeper batsmen for the sake of comparison:

Australia - selected Carey who no one had heard of before the tournament, turned out to be an inspired pick. Wankers.
England - Buttler. Dhoni's a better keeper, especially to spin. Let's not talk about the batting lol
New Zealand - Latham, having a nightmare run
Pakistan - Sarfraz, lol I'd probably pick a 70 year old Dhoni over him
WI - Hope, hasn't had a great tournament, not a good keeper either
Bangladesh - Mushfiqur is genuinely a better option ATM, we might get some cool dance moves as well as a bonus
South Africa - De Kock's better but has had a poor tournament
Sri Lanka - they have that guy who comes in and blasts away for a bit at the top of the order, I like him
Afghanistan - n00b standing in after Fatty got injured

Maybe Pant could have done the job but we'll never know. As of now, he'd still be much worse keeping to spin. The only way to have averted the Dhoni situation is to have tried Pant as first choice ODI keeper at least a year back to see whether he was up to it.

OverratedSanity

Shankar is out of the world cup and agarwal is in. Bit of a cluster**** tbh.

I'd slot agarwal in to open with rohit and just tell him to play his shots freely. Push Rahul down to 4 in place of pant and see how it goes.

sunilz

International Regular
Bhuvi should replace one of Kulcha in semi-finals if we are given freshly prepared pitch in semi-finals. It is to be played, where we played yesterday against ENG.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bhuvi should replace one of Kulcha in semi-finals if we are given freshly prepared pitch in semi-finals. It is to be played, where we played yesterday against ENG.
Yes. Shami has also not proven to be a good death bowler, all the wickets notwithstanding.

Burner

International Regular
KL Rahul averages 36 in LA with a 73 SR. Mayank Agarwal on the other hand averages 48 at 100. It is a marvel how someone like Rahul gets selected in the first place. KL has performed exactly how you would expect a test "bat" to perform in ODIs tbf.

Burner

International Regular
Nah, it isn't. T20s and ODIs are a different ball game altogether. You can be a biffer in t20s and find success, but in ODIs if you can't rotate strike to save your life like Rahul, you are going to get ****ed.