• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Indian Fans Hugbox Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Yea the media has been dumb as **** about this glove non issue. Sunny rightfully putting them in their place.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably not as heartbreaking as 03 though. Rough couple of years to be an Indian fan 07-08 with that Australia test series win denied by the Symonds howler.
I didn't quite realise just how big a series win in Australia was at the time, but was furious nonetheless. Didn't help that Dad was filling my young mind with the cheating Aussies rhetoric.

There was a very good period right after that though when we reached #1 in the Test rankings and won the WC. Tendulkar was batting with a door, our opening partnership was working, Zaheer was at his peak, Yuvraj and Dhoni were having mad partnerships in ODIs. Good times.

Can't seem to recall what happened post WC '11 though...

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I was hoping the glove issue will not make it to cw. It's so ****ing dumb it makes me angry. ****ing focus on cricket and don't get distracted with stupid ideological shagging. Get on with it Dhoni and rest of you.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm hoping there will be a lot more conciliatory posting in this thread before I wake up.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I already have an (the) Indian avatar, so no need to change :) To say it quietly in the hugbox thread, India so far has played like the Australia and WI of yore. Neatly going about their job whoever the opposition is.

Semifinal is there for the taking now. All that matters is those 2 matches.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I already have an (the) Indian avatar, so no need to change :) To say it quietly in the hugbox thread, India so far has played like the Australia and WI of yore. Neatly going about their job whoever the opposition is.

Semifinal is there for the taking now. All that matters is those 2 matches.
Honestly I thoroughly agree with this. India's has been clinical and won all the big moments so far. They look like the Australia side of 2003 to some extent.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I hated that le jayenge series of ads at the start but now starting grow on me. Anyone else has similar confession to make?

EDIT: The India-Pakistan one looks **** though

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
There was a time when India used to chase 300+ regularly. It's not been a common occurrence recently. They chased one in Oct 2018 against West Indies. Before that you will have to go back to Jan 2017 against England when Jadhav scored 120 off 76 and got MoM. That's all since start of 2017.

That's our Achilles's heal.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
In absence of Dhawan, Rahul is going to open. Of the remaining players only suitable #4 is Dhoni who was for all these years the best #4 option for India anyway. It will be mighty stupid if Karthik or Shankar or Jadhav are slotted at #4.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rahul to open, bring Shankar into the middle order. He won't do much worse than Karthik with the bat and he might be useful for a few overs if Pandya or one of the spinners is having an expensive day.

cnerd123

likes this
With Bhuvi out, does Jadeja come in for Chahal? A tail of Kuldeep Shami Bumrah Chahal is wayyy too long. Both Jadeja and Chahal spin it the same way so it would be a like for like replacement in a sense

I reckon Shankar keeps his spot in the side due to his bowling, even tho the old adage goes don't pick a batsman based on his bowling. Kedar might actually be the one who makes way for Pant/Karthik. I'd keep him but it seems the extra seamer has been more useful so far.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
With Bhuvi out, does Jadeja come in for Chahal? A tail of Kuldeep Shami Bumrah Chahal is wayyy too long. Both Jadeja and Chahal spin it the same way so it would be a like for like replacement in a sense

I reckon Shankar keeps his spot in the side due to his bowling, even tho the old adage goes don't pick a batsman based on his bowling. Kedar might actually be the one who makes way for Pant/Karthik. I'd keep him but it seems the extra seamer has been more useful so far.
Tail doesn't get to bat much, so I won't replace Chahal with Jadeja. May be for game against Afghanistan but not against big boys. Jadhav is a good lower order batsman who can navigate tricky chases. Won't drop him for Shankar's part time bowling although Shankar can keep the place until Dhawan recovers. When Pandya is going so gun why do we need more bits and pieces players?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
BTW, we are really blessed to have 2 quality wrist spinners. Wrist spinners can turn the game with middle over wickets but can also have off days and get hit for sixes (see Zampa against India who didn't finish his spell). If you have 2 of them you increase the chances of getting middle over wickets significantly.