• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th Match - India v Australia

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i mean there's been no signs so far that smith has actually been affected or bothered adversely by it at all. it's struck me as pretty pantomine so far.
Smith’s so far along the spectrum he’s oblivious to it when he’s batting.

Burgey

Booing is part of the fun tbh. Nothing wrong or 'unacceptable' about it. It's the most harmless way for fans to be partisan without being disrespectful.
I’m generally of the view that if you pay your money you can pretty much do as you please wrt to booing, but I don’t think it’s always harmless tbh.

There’s a supposedly fantastic doco coming out I the next week or two about how Adam goodes basically got booed out of AFL, albeit that was a lot more sinister imo than Smith and Warner, for reasons I’ll leave you to look up if you’re interested.

Point is though that a bloke who’s a champion of that sport left it early owing to what he was copping.

Spark

Global Moderator
I’m generally of the view that if you pay your money you can pretty much do as you please wrt to booing, but I don’t think it’s always harmless tbh.

There’s a supposedly fantastic doco coming out I the next week or two about how Adam goodes basically got booed out of AFL, albeit that was a lot more sinister imo than Smith and Warner, for reasons I’ll leave you to look up if you’re interested.

Point is though that a bloke who’s a champion of that sport left it early owing to what he was copping.
i think that's different though. that was very obviously racist and very obviously designed to get him out of the game, not just panto stuff.

Arachnodouche

International Captain

That's desperately sad. There's different levels of heckling I guess and it can get to be a bit much when it starts dehumanizing you. Will check out the doc, thanks.

Burgey

i think that's different though. that was very obviously racist and very obviously designed to get him out of the game, not just panto stuff.
I think a lot is in the eye of the person being booed. Johnson said the Barmy Army got to him pretty badly. They had a crack at his partner and mother though, so it wasn’t just sport related, bit like Goodes in that respect. But you know, all the pommy dickheads on here think that supporter group is funny, when really it’s just another pack of drunken ****wits, only they have a bugler. Yay.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More than happy for crowds to continue to boo Smith as guy is a batting machine

Put him on the boundary and he will score mountains of runs all summer IMO

Australia might not win but it won’t be because of him

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I think a lot is in the eye of the person being booed. Johnson said the Barmy Army got to him pretty badly. They had a crack at his partner and mother though, so it wasn’t just sport related, bit like Goodes in that respect. But you know, all the pommy dickheads on here think that supporter group is funny, when really it’s just another pack of drunken ****wits, only they have a bugler. Yay.
yeah but in johnson's case that was kind of viciously personal imo. i don't think booing smith - or even booing ponting in 2009, which imo was much more tasteless and much more vociferous, given that the bloke was a great of the game and was clearly not going to play another series in england - is anywhere near that category.

social

And we have the fanatics

Bunch of tragics

morgieb

As long as the booing is of a pantomine nature it's usually fair play. When it goes beyond that and linked to stuff not of an on-field nature (not cricket but a certain ex-AFL player comes to mind here) then it's a problem.

morgieb

Goodes doco is already out isn't it? Won't be on FTA for a while though.

Be interested to see what the right-wingers on the forum made of it. Most of the AFL fans I spoke to on another forum weren't sympathetic to his cause. Even now BF there's still people arguing that it had nothing to do with race.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Broad deserves everything he has ever got. Despised him ever since he tried to maim Zulqarnain Haider back in the day, an absolute dummy spit of the worst kind.

Yes he was booed all throughout the 2013/14 Ashes, but he responded well by generally being the best English bowler in that series

Cruxdude

International Debutant
That was a great win for India. What really has stood out in these two matches has been the maturity of the batting line up. They are not going to self combust under pressure and have a clear idea on what it takes at different points of the game. The way they have played out the main bowlers relatively safely and then taken advantage against the weaker bowlers has been clinical. Also this guy Hardik is special. Don't think we have ever had a hitter like him unless we consider Yuvi for a brief period of time. Kuldeep's form is a bit concerning but at least Chahal is bowling well. Going to be an interesting WC!

stephen

The one positive surprise over the last coupler of games from an Australian PoV is the final emergence of Carey as a batsman. Glove work notwithstanding his last two innings have been exceptional in very different circumstances.

Burgey

Yeah he's been very good with the cue. The Pandya drop is a stand out, but that aside I can't recall too many blunders behind the stumps either. His innings in this match wasn't one I thought him capable of playing tbh.

stephen

The difference between India in this match and Australia in the Pakistan match is how the Indian managed to score a boundary from the first ball of most of the final overs. I noted how well India were doing it at the time and how much pressure it puts on the bowler.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
The difference between India in this match and Australia in the Pakistan match is how the Indian managed to score a boundary from the first ball of most of the final overs. I noted how well India were doing it at the time and how much pressure it puts on the bowler.
Also India don't drop nearly as many catches as Pakistan :p