• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14th Match - India v Australia

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This will be a good match. Kohli's bogey team vs Smith's favourite team to torment.

cnerd123

likes this
I can really see our bowling attack ripping this Aus batting to shreds. Steve Smith left stranded on a handy 75* (86) as Aus are bowled out for 160

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
This will be a good match. Kohli's bogey team vs Smith's favourite team to torment.
??? Didn't India win the series in early 2019 with Kohli in it. Also has won series in 2017 etc. Pretty even record between the sides since Kohli came into the Indian side.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Looking forward to Starc vs Bumrah contest even more than Kohli vs Smith.
Bumrah to Warner, Bumrah to Smith, mouth watering duels those.

Expect Starc and Cummins to do some serious damage at the top. The middle order will have to earn their keep on Sunday. Definitely don't want to be chasing much more than 250 in that case. Defending-wise, I reckon we have the only team that *on paper* should be able to defend about the same.

Kirkut

International Regular
Imagine if this thread was made 15 years back, most Indian fans would be scared and excited. Scared because we would be up against a world champion side and excited because this game would bring the best out of our batsmen.

Flem274*

123/5
if both teams could find a way to lose this and somehow involve england in that loss as well that'd be perfect ta

stephen

??? Didn't India win the series in early 2019 with Kohli in it. Also has won series in 2017 etc. Pretty even record between the sides since Kohli came into the Indian side.
Kohli has substantially underperformed against Australia in recent times, particularly against Cummins and Lyon.

stephen

Hmm ok it seems like Kohli did much better in the recent home series despite Australia winning it. Still, the battle between Kohli and Cummins will be delicious.

stephen

That fear factor of playing Australia is gone. It will be good if it comes back.
Smith makes a massive difference. He steps up against India. India's recent success against Australia only happened because their tormentor was banned. And they still lost the home series even without Smith.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can really see our bowling attack ripping this Aus batting to shreds. Steve Smith left stranded on a handy 75* (86) as Aus are bowled out for 160
Again mate, Hong Kong isn’t playing.

Australia by 4 wickets. Smith 116*, Warner 108. Finch’s front pad retired hurt by Bumrah for eight.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bumrah to Warner, Bumrah to Smith, mouth watering duels those.

Expect Starc and Cummins to do some serious damage at the top. The middle order will have to earn their keep on Sunday. Definitely don't want to be chasing much more than 250 in that case. Defending-wise, I reckon we have the only team that *on paper* should be able to defend about the same.
Not sure how much of a game we’ll get on Sunday tbh, given the week’s forecast. Hope its a good one as it’s a long weekend here and a day off Monday to recover

Flem274*

123/5
i had no idea steve smith and virat kohli were 30 already. i thought they were 28 like kane and root.

next you'll be telling me dale steyn is 41.