• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wc world xi

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rohit very unlucky. Should be there but didn't want to split up the Australian openers.

stephen

Chahal or Tahir? I'd have Ferguson instead of Archer
Tahir has pretty respectable figures this world cup.

Archer had the second most wickets at time of writing. He's occasionally been puss but he still takes a lot of wickets. I haven't watched a lot of NZ but Ferguson has looked good whenever I've seen him so go with him if you like.

Flem274*

123/5
before the world cup i'd have had the best quicks in the world as starc, bumrash and boult but ferguson has definitely led the nz charge. boult has been in poor form. not terrible and still doing some good damage, but several levels below his best.

stephen

Pure pace has seemed the most effective weapon in this world cup, so it's not surprising that Boult has struggled compared to Ferguson.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
before the world cup i'd have had the best quicks in the world as starc, bumrash and boult but ferguson has definitely led the nz charge. boult has been in poor form. not terrible and still doing some good damage, but several levels below his best.
I'm still not prepared to put Lochie anywhere near the world class level. Bowls gun barrel straight and can be a bit two-lengthy (ie yorker, short). But on plus side he does have an excellent slower ball. Hoping he develops more and becomes the next echelon.

Flem274*

123/5
in general i agree but what he's good at, he's excelled at in the world cup and forced himself into the top group despite not really belonging there outside of this tourney. if someone teaches him a swinger he's shane bond 2.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh yeah if he starts to swing it, we've got a champion on our hands.

He's performed against WI and SA, obviously it's the next step up to perform against Australia and England. I suspect both will come hard against him.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boult is outstanding and was unlucky not to pick up 2-3 in his first spell yesterday. Class act.

TheJediBrah

I'm still not prepared to put Lochie anywhere near the world class level. Bowls gun barrel straight and can be a bit two-lengthy (ie yorker, short). But on plus side he does have an excellent slower ball. Hoping he develops more and becomes the next echelon.
Sounds a lot like young Brett Lee

Gob

International Coach
Arun
Warner
Williamson
Root
Shakibull
Stokes
Butler
Starc
Aamir
Archer
Cooldeep

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Rohit Sharma
2. Jason Roy
3. Kane Williamson (7)
4. Virat Kohli
5. Shakib al-Hasan (4)
6. Jos Buttler +
7. Glenn Maxwell (6)
8. Hardik Pandya (5)
9. Mitchell Starc (1)
10. Mohammad Amir (2)
11. Jasprit Bumrah (3)

12. Steve Smith

Bit of a weird structure but eh, whatever.

Daemon

Based on performances in this WC to date

Finch
Warner
KW
Root
Shakib
Stokes
Carey/Buttler +
Pandya
Starc
Amir
Chahal/Bumrah (depending on the need for a second spinner)

stephen

Sri Lanka's:

Murali
Vaas
Malinga
Jayasuriya

India's:

Khan
Srinath
Kumble
Dev