• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm all about trading Betfair futures markets these days.

I'm on the Windies to miss the semis (jumped on during the Australia game at evens).

Rohit Sharma for most runs and Cummins for most wickets. Unfortunately I cashed out my Shakib most runs bet when they had the wash-out against Sri Lanka. His price has halved since.

I see that the bookies/punters still haven't learned. I think Australia will beat Bangladesh but they are at unbackable odds (1/6).

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah pretty happy with the Root win over Dhawan but would have liked it to be a fairer contest.

Im on Kusal Mendis today at 6.50 to be SL highest run scorer. I feel like its time for SLs middle order to put on a bit of a rescue act.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah pretty happy with the Root win over Dhawan but would have liked it to be a fairer contest.

Im on Kusal Mendis today at 6.50 to be SL highest run scorer. I feel like its time for SLs middle order to put on a bit of a rescue act.
Good at sniffing out a bet

mr_mister

wrote that when he was 40*^

But in other news, maybe now would be a good time to put a bet on England as their odds have inflated a bit to win the WC ...

That is if you think they can still do it!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The logic was there for Mendis, annoyingly if he got to 50 i would have got my money back in bonus bets. So close yet, so far.

mr_mister

The logic was there for Mendis, annoyingly if he got to 50 i would have got my money back in bonus bets. So close yet, so far.
I put a dumb bet on Perera to win MOM, in that scenario SL would have likely won so should have just bet on the victory instead of trying to be clever.

I really find exotics to be a mugs game, I like to mainly have the goal of my bets align with the team's goals. So going for a win, or to score over 320 runs in the 1st innings, I at least know it's their plan to go for that. First try scorer bets in NRL or most sixes or whatever are such a lottery

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
Dream scenario last night. Put money on a Sri Lanka win when England were 80/3 ish then when Stokes started hitting sixes put money on England. Good profit regardless.

stephen

I like that Australia's odds have gone up largely on the backs of games they didn't play in. All the sides have shown weaknesses this tournament.