• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you have pegged for your 4 semi finalists?

srbhkshk

International Captain
People overrating India here IMO. The batting is Top 3 or bust, the bowling is overly reliant on Bumrah. Two wrist-spinners are not proven in English conditions - just 4 ODIs for 2 wickets combined between them, albeit at an economy of 4.6. You would back them to get over on SL, Afgh, BD and Pak, but they could very easily lose against rest of the sides in this competition.
Kuldeep has a six-fer in England.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I only watched the highlights from yesterday so probably only saw a small sample size. But other than Russell did they actually bowl that well. A lot of the wickets seemed to be caught down the leg side and Cottrells was a wide half volley? The boundaries Pakistan hit there was a lot of filth bowled. I might be being harsh here but other than the last few wickets to the tail enders from Thomas they didn't look well directed deliveries and was more Pakistan throwing them away. I hope I'm wrong as I want wi to win this tournament

cnerd123

likes this

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No one's going to win more than 7 games in the group stages. I'm predicting someone to qualify with 5 wins.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
1. India
2. England
3. Australia
4. New Zealand
---
5. Bangladesh
6. Pakistan
7. West Indies
8. South Africa
9. Afghanistan
10. Sri Lanka

BSM

U19 Cricketer
1. India
2. England
3. Australia
4. New Zealand
---
5. Bangladesh
6. Pakistan
7. West Indies
8. South Africa
9. Afghanistan
10. Sri Lanka
Think this would also be mine. I think Eng, Aus, NZ and Ind are most likely and probably rightfully favourites to qualify atm while Pak, WI and Ban will fall close behind and one or two might very well break into the top 4. Think Pakistan will finish above Bangladesh though tbh

Burgey

England gonna crumble like a Sao in a blender. Don't like it up 'em and can't cop pressure. Never have. They were the most consistent side of the earliest WCs without winning one (because pressure) but haven't made so much as a semi final since 1992. Gone.

England gone.

Gone. Gone. Gone.

Semi finalists:

WI
NZ
India
Australia

England gone.

cnerd123

likes this
Good to see Burgey buying hard into the #Pressure meme here. Not long till he acknowledges how incredible the feats of Indian cricketers are when you take that into context.

This does seem to be shaping up to be a tournament where several teams end up at around the same amount of points, which means NRR will decide who makes it through. Reckon England still win enough games in this round-robin to make the final 4, but even if they don't, they should come out of it with a healthy NRR.

vcs

Good to see Burgey buying hard into the #Pressure meme here. Not long till he acknowledges how incredible the feats of Indian cricketers are when you take that into context.

This does seem to be shaping up to be a tournament where several teams end up at around the same amount of points, which means NRR will decide who makes it through. Reckon England still win enough games in this round-robin to make the final 4, but even if they don't, they should come out of it with a healthy NRR.
Yep, 100s of millions watching Sachin's Sharjah feats against Zimbabwe >>> Steve Waugh grinding out a hundred with two men and their dogs watching in the Australian outback

#Pressure

Burgey

Wish you two would find your way to the outback without a compass or a Jerrycan of water tbh.

Borges

International Regular
I'm now quite apprehensive that South Africa may not make it to the semis.
But the Kiwis are looking as good as ever, and England would still make it quite comfortably. We need someone who has never one a World Cup to win this one.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, my feeling as well is that the semifinalists will be decided by NRR. It is going to be a very close WC with only SL and Afghans presumably not in the race right now.

Burgey

Now that you all agree with me that England is gone, it seems appropriate to deal with the likely outcome of the semi finals.

WI will play India and destroy them, largely because they'll bowl above waist height and in true SC style, India will throw up all over themselves trying to play it and be all out for 140. WI will pass them in the 14th over, Gayle 138*

Australia will play NZ and it will be a closely fought encounter compared with other matches between these two countries, whcih Australia generally wins easily. In this game, NZ will bat first and post 278 - a competitive total on a sporting pitch in overcast condition. Australia will struggle early in the chase and look shaky at 2/15, but they will eventually get on top despite NZ performing above all expectations and pass the total in a comparatively nail biting 22nd over, winning by eight wickets. Warner 122*, TPC 118*.

I will keep my public waiting for the exclusive final prediction.

cnerd123

likes this
Now that you all agree with me that England is gone, it seems appropriate to deal with the likely outcome of the semi finals.

WI will play India and destroy them, largely because they'll bowl above waist height and in true SC style, India will throw up all over themselves trying to play it and be all out for 140. WI will pass them in the 14th over, Gayle 138*

Australia will play NZ and it will be a closely fought encounter compared with other matches between these two countries, whcih Australia generally wins easily. In this game, NZ will bat first and post 278 - a competitive total on a sporting pitch in overcast condition. Australia will struggle early in the chase and look shaky at 2/15, but they will eventually get on top despite NZ performing above all expectations and pass the total in a comparatively nail biting 22nd over, winning by eight wickets. Warner 122*, TPC 118*.

I will keep my public waiting for the exclusive final prediction.
Ok