• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the World Cups from best to worst

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
In theory, I think this new format can make for compelling viewing where each point earned genuinely contributes to your progression to the sf, unlike previous tournaments where a lot of the time the good teams would sleepwalk through the group stage unless they were shocked by a minnow (which weren't particularly frequent).

Only in theory though. If the top 4 separate themselves from the others early on, this format could feel dreadfully overlong and pointless.
The only thing I would say is that there should possibly be 8 teams - getting rid of a potential whipping boy.
Afghanistan were basically a waste of time and we had to suffer the constant patronising BS about their wonderful rise and fans. When ironically, lol, the most noticable thing they did was bring unheard of before disgraceful 70's football hooliganism to an English cricket ground with their scrapping against Pakistan.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I love quarter finals .

Winning 3 knockouts in a row to win the world cup makes a great story, the problem is barring top 8-9 the rest are still not up to task to do well consistently to be a threat so it creates a lot of mismatch encounters

I really don't know what is the best format the current format removed a lot of mismatches but we are forgetting we were one game away (Eng-SL) had that upset not happened the complete 2nd half of group stage would have been dead rubbers.

If I have to make a call I would go back to 2011-15 format since smaller nations are necessary for it to be a world cup

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The only thing I would say is that there should possibly be 8 teams - getting rid of a potential whipping boy.
Afghanistan were basically a waste of time and we had to suffer the constant patronising BS about their wonderful rise and fans. When ironically, lol, the most noticable thing they did was bring unheard of before disgraceful 70's football hooliganism to an English cricket ground with their scrapping against Pakistan.
Filthy casual.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
To be fair, the one sort of good thing for Afghanistan's campaign was how many games they almost won. They were in positions to beat all of Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka, and while blowing them the way they did probably hurts a lot, and suggests that they aren't a very good team at handling pressure and getting the job done, at least they've got the players and the talent to be getting into such positions against top teams.

cnerd123

likes this
To be fair, the one sort of good thing for Afghanistan's campaign was how many games they almost won. They were in positions to beat all of Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka, and while blowing them the way they did probably hurts a lot, and suggests that they aren't a very good team at handling pressure and getting the job done, at least they've got the players and the talent to be getting into such positions against top teams.
Yes imagine if they didn't have all that off-field drama to contend with. They had a last minute captain, good players sent home, weird batting lineups, and it was apparent from the performances of senior players on the field that their minds were not fully on the game they were playing.

I had picked them to spring a surprise on several teams this WC a year or so ago. Turns out the only surprise was how much they sucked.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2019*

*In all seriousness, this has been the best WC since I've been taking interest in cricket

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Fairly simple formula applied here