• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Run Up to the World Cup

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
If English groundsmen set green seamers England might just win. Dibbly dobble India and Australia out for 40. Get Darren Stevens in the team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If English groundsmen set green seamers England might just win. Dibbly dobble India and Australia out for 40. Get Darren Stevens in the team.
I don't think England's batting would exactly fare much better on those sort of pitches right now. England's ODI batting is really good at the moment but one of the reasons for that is that they bat on ODI pitches.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, Shami & Bhuvi will out dibbly-dobble everyone. Followed by Bumrah making a mockery of everything.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're not aware of India-Pakistan war horrors since 1947, because it is not marketed as well as Israel-Palestine issue.
I'm well aware of the political tensions between India and Pakistan. I don't have as much skin in the game perhaps (though a conflict between the two could trigger WWIII, which would be the end of everything). But there comes a point where people have to move beyond what had happened to forge a better tomorrow. Sport, cricket in particular, is the one thing both countries have in common. I'd hate to see one or both of the sides removed from the world cup on the basis of terrorist attacks. That would mean the terrorists are winning.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm well aware of the political tensions between India and Pakistan. I don't have as much skin in the game perhaps (though a conflict between the two could trigger WWIII, which would be the end of everything). But there comes a point where people have to move beyond what had happened to forge a better tomorrow. Sport, cricket in particular, is the one thing both countries have in common. I'd hate to see one or both of the sides removed from the world cup on the basis of terrorist attacks. That would mean the terrorists are winning.
The political tensions are at an all time high now, after the attacks. I can even say, I can't make a facebook post supporting for Pakistan to play in the World Cup and India to withdraw. I will be pounced upon.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricbuzz has removed Pakistan content, Bollywood has banned all Pak actors. A politician has said that water flowing to Pak will be stopped. Both armies preparing for war.

Quite terrible for humanity that something like this still continues to happen in this world. Man decided to stop killing each other for food few thousand years back. But not sure, when they will mature and decide to stop killing each other for place.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricbuzz has removed Pakistan content, Bollywood has banned all Pak actors. A politician has said that water flowing to Pak will be stopped. Both armies preparing for war.

Quite terrible for humanity that something like this still continues to happen in this world. Man decided to stop killing each other for food few thousand years back. But not sure, when they will mature and decide to stop killing each other for place.
wow I had no idea it was that serious. Human nature I suppose

vcs

Yeah it's stupid and nonsensical of BCCI to ask ICC for Pakistan cricket team to be banned and they should be laughed out of the joint. If they really care about their "principles", they can give them a W/O (even if it happens to come in a knockout game).

Which is not to say that I'm absolving Pakistan of their wrong doings, or that India have no grounds for grievance with Pakistan, but it's got nothing to do with their cricket team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it's stupid and nonsensical of BCCI to ask ICC for Pakistan cricket team to be banned and they should be laughed out of the joint. If they really care about their "principles", they can give them a W/O (even if it happens to come in a knockout game).

Which is not to say that I'm absolving Pakistan of their wrong doings, or that India have no grounds for grievance with Pakistan, but it's got nothing to do with their cricket team.
As far as I know neither the BCCI or the PCB are government departments (unlike ZC and SLC for example), and "your government hates my government" is really a pretty ridiculous reason to refuse to play cricket against another organisation's team at a neutral venue. It makes sense that they don't tour each other but they should be able to play in England without throwing toys.

Borges

International Regular
This is just a lot of posturing; nothing tangible is going to come out of all this.
I'd be shocked if they actually sent that letter to the ICC; and quite surprised if they decide not to play Pakistan in the WC game. Three months is a long time.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
They played each other in 2015 without a hitch. Political situation must be a lot worse now.

TheJediBrah

So Pakistan are unambiguously the ones in the wrong?

sunilz

International Regular
As far as I know neither the BCCI or the PCB are government departments (unlike ZC and SLC for example), and "your government hates my government" is really a pretty ridiculous reason to refuse to play cricket against another organisation's team at a neutral venue. It makes sense that they don't tour each other but they should be able to play in England without throwing toys.
PCB is run by Pak govt . Head of PCB is appointed by Pak govt .

vcs

So Pakistan are unambiguously the ones in the wrong?
Of course not, there's a lot of ****s on both sides

And this particular issue somehow invariably turns both sets of people, who otherwise have everything in common, into absolute morons. Don't know how or why, but that's how it is, and I don't see it changing.

Last edited: