• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Run Up to the World Cup

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think a lot depends on what kind of summer we get, if it's a little overcast and heavy I think NZ, with their bowling attack, could be live dark horses.

England's seam options still feel a little two-bob to me. Happy with Stokes, but Wood, Woakes, Plunkett & Willey are all a bit daisy. Archer should improve matters.

The batting will save us as often as not, but in a knock out scenario it only needs to go south once, as we saw with the Champions Trophy.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
When England get booted out I'm sure they'll blame the wicket like during the CT.

I'm going to predict India winning the thing.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I think a lot depends on what kind of summer we get, if it's a little overcast and heavy I think NZ, with their bowling attack, could be live dark horses.

England's seam options still feel a little two-bob to me. Happy with Stokes, but Wood, Woakes, Plunkett & Willey are all a bit daisy. Archer should improve matters.

The batting will save us as often as not, but in a knock out scenario it only needs to go south once, as we saw with the Champions Trophy.
If we go on performances, Stokes is the worst of those bar Wood. I think he's come on massively as a bowler even in the last year but he's no better than a fifth option in ODIs atm.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The funny thing about England is that they haven't really changed much in their selection policy over the years. They used to play a ton of all rounders and bits and pieces players. The only difference is that now their bits and pieces players can all bat.

smash84

The Tiger King
India favorites by a long margin I reckon.

New Zealand should also make the semi final.

The other 2 spots should be between England, Australia, or (maybe) Pakistan

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
BCCI potentially going to try & get Pakistan rubbed out of the tournament. Not good for cricket, and I fail to see how this measure will do anything to stop terrorism in India.

stephen

BCCI potentially going to try & get Pakistan rubbed out of the tournament. Not good for cricket, and I fail to see how this measure will do anything to stop terrorism in India.
Yeah let's hope the BCCI fails. Not the fault of the Pakistan players that there are morons doing stupid things.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So stupid. I’d rather India withdraw than force Pakistan out. Honestly an acceptable outcome is to hope the schedule is rejigged and the two teams can avoid each other in the tournament, otherwise it could get ugly between the boards.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So stupid. I’d rather India withdraw than force Pakistan out. Honestly an acceptable outcome is to hope the schedule is rejigged and the two teams can avoid each other in the tournament, otherwise it could get ugly between the boards.
Yeah if the BCCI don't want to play in the same tournament as the PCB but the PCB are more or less cool with it, and both teams have qualified, then the BCCI's only ethical options should be to suck it up or withdraw themselves.

Not that ethical options and the BCCI go hand in hand very often, but still.

stephen

Yeah terrorism in Kashmir is not good but it isn't necessarily the fault of the Pakistan government.

If only the political problems could be sorted out peacefully and we could get on with the more important considerations like the cricket world cup.

Kirkut

International Regular
Yeah terrorism in Kashmir is not good but it isn't necessarily the fault of the Pakistan government.

If only the political problems could be sorted out peacefully and we could get on with the more important considerations like the cricket world cup.
You're not aware of India-Pakistan war horrors since 1947, because it is not marketed as well as Israel-Palestine issue.

Kirkut

International Regular
I agree, we should withdraw instead of forcing Pakistan out.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Oof, India withdrawing would spark complete disorder. Worse than 10 terrorist attacks combined.