• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Gayle to Retire from ODIs after World Cup

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ended up being unappreciated as a player. Two test triples is immense and his t20 exploits very impressive

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
A ***ist misogynist slogger. Good riddance.
***ist? yes.
Misogynist? yes.
Slogger? no.
Good riddance? Yes as a man, no as a cricketer.

I realised a few years back it's possible to dislike a man yet like his art/game. I used to think otherwise before.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ended up being unappreciated as a player. Two test triples is immense and his t20 exploits very impressive
Also his problems with the Board ensured that he didn't play any test cricket during his absolute best couple of years.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
***ist? yes.
Misogynist? yes.
Slogger? no.

I realised a few years back it's possible to dislike a man yet like his art/game. I used to think otherwise before.
I think I realised this when I was a little kid watching Ponting’s Australia

trundler

I can't be the only who isn't a fan of his stand and hit style. Always found it ugly to watch.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
***ist? yes.
Misogynist? yes.
Slogger? no.

Shane Warne is the biggest case of this. Wouldn't want him anywhere near me in real life but would gladly watch him bowl all week.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne is the biggest case of this. Wouldn't want him anywhere near me in real life but would gladly watch him bowl all week.
I first realised this difference with Rudyard Kipling. Kipling was openly a filthy racist and he couldn't have made it clearer in some of his work. I absolutely abhor the man. But I'd be dishonest if I say I didn't like Jungle Book and Mowgli.

I'd like to know sledger's opinion about Kipling and Jungle Book.

Last edited:

Daemon

Puts technique into perspective

Personally like how he treats finger spin sometimes. Nice flight and drift, good angles, pitching on a length - he just waits with his weight back and lets the ball pitch and do it’s thing before swinging through the line and making a mockery of the art.