• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Pakistan win their first ever WC match against India?

Will Pakistan finally record their first WC win against India? - 2019 edition

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There are three people and two stray dogs in australia who care about an india-pakistan match up
That game sold out before any others in the World Cup. So unless you're an anti-immigration **** who doesn't count us brownies as peeps in Australia, plenty of people here care about that game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can't wait to go to that game, so pumped. Gonna hit on every Pakistani chick wearing an Indian top and get beaten up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Am I the only one who genuinely thinks that they rig some of these games/matchups? Like honestly, an India-Pak game in a world tournament gets more eyeballs and fans in the stadium than most, ICC would always do anything to insure that these teams play at least one game with each other.
India vs. Pak didn't meet in 2007.

India vs. Pak only met in 2011 because they made it to the semis.

They don't rig it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha remember all the tickets that were bought by the Indian and Pakistani fans for what turned into Bangladesh vs. Ireland? Good times.

cnerd123

likes this
Man I remember my friends and family making plans to get together and watch that match, being so certain India and Pak would make it through. Then both teams got knocked out.

So awesome.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
India vs. Pak didn't meet in 2007.

India vs. Pak only met in 2011 because they made it to the semis.

They don't rig it.
I didn't specify ODI WC though, I said ICC events, that includes 2009 and 2013 champions trophy, as well as 07, 12 and 14 T20 WC's. Again I wasn't being entirely serious, just saying that if I was working for the ICC I would try to make sure India and Pak play each other at least once if at all possible.

anil1405

International Captain
The commentators during a recent BBL game were wondering why this game wasn't being played in MCG.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was my reaction at first, I was pretty peeved. Or at least make it at the SCG if not MCG.

But then I thought about how packed out Adelaide Oval is going to be and how kick ass its going to be on the hill. Worth the trip to Adelaide, and worth some slow ****s missing out on tickets.

Xuhaib

International Coach
That was my reaction at first, I was pretty peeved. Or at least make it at the SCG if not MCG.

But then I thought about how packed out Adelaide Oval is going to be and how kick ass its going to be on the hill. Worth the trip to Adelaide, and worth some slow ****s missing out on tickets.
I think MCG missed out because it is getting the Final as well as the Opening game that too involving Aus-Eng. Isn't Adelaide the 2nd biggest capacity wise now in Austrailia? so it makes sense it gets the game instead of SCG.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think MCG missed out because it is getting the Final as well as the Opening game that too involving Aus-Eng. Isn't Adelaide the 2nd biggest capacity wise now in Austrailia? so it makes sense it gets the game instead of SCG.
Its not capacity as much as the fact that most Indians and Pakistanis live in Melb and Sydney.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Its not capacity as much as the fact that most Indians and Pakistanis live in Melb and Sydney.
ah OK. On the ICC cricket show they guy who runs SA cricket mentioned that they very cleverly went after the Ind-Pak game they knew all the other grounds were going after the Australian games or the Finals said he was sure they would be able to fill in 50K for the game.

smash84

The Tiger King
india comfortably the better side. Its not even close. Pakistan batting is minnowish and there are no real proven performers even in the bowling department (as in no real match winners).

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't wait to go to that game, so pumped. Gonna hit on every Pakistani chick wearing an Indian top and get beaten up.
Curry chicks at the cricket are ripe. Wear your Tendy top and game on.