• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please don't reply to this thread 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
It's only being strengthened, and it sickens me how the board are so spineless.
What is spineless about giving a player a fair trial? What sickens me is the pure fact that Nikhil won't get a fair trial.

I'm not for or against Nikhil as I can't be biased in such a situation. He has committed a crime and yes he has then indicated that he may not be sorry about it. I know. I did the interview! If all the facts are so blatant then the people (Webheads) should have nothing to worry about, as he will be found to be guilty enough to warrant banning. No? There's no real harm to the trial in such a case is there? Isn't that the democracy that the rebel folks were harping on about?

ash chaulk

International Captain
to be honest if he came back i wouldnt want him in the team im playing for. and i believe that others would feel the same way too

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Liam - even if he does get let off on valid reasons, that doesn't change the fact that nobody wants to play with him...and that will stand...

Loony BoB

International Captain
ash chaulk said:
to be honest if he came back i wouldnt want him in the team im playing for. and i believe that others would feel the same way too
I agree, although I also agree with Liam that everyone deserves a fair trial. It's only, well, fair.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
What is spineless about giving a player a fair trial? What sickens me is the pure fact that Nikhil won't get a fair trial.
How many chances do you want to give him?

Last time it was brought up, you saw what the players thought, yet continue to ignore them.

It's happened before, and it will happen again if we're not listened to...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

I'm not for or against Nikhil as I can't be biased in such a situation. He has committed a crime and yes he has then indicated that he may not be sorry about it. I know. I did the interview! If all the facts are so blatant then the people (Webheads) should have nothing to worry about, as he will be found to be guilty enough to warrant banning. No? There's no real harm to the trial in such a case is there? Isn't that the democracy that the rebel folks were harping on about?
The 31-7 was democracy, this is rule by the unelected board.

My concern is that the incompetence of the board in the handling of several situations will be reflected upon their handling of the trial, and I affirm that whatever the outcome I will not play with him. Period.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Its not just Nikhil we would have given any other player a fair trial if they were in nikhils position..

My concern is that the incompetence of the board in the handling of several situations will be reflected upon their handling of the trial, and I affirm that whatever the outcome I will not play with him
Everyones idea of a utopia is different.. and everytime we try and reach for perfection someone else finds something else incompetent.. What the board would like is a little more support...

And fully agree with what liam said there... we stand neutral to this situation come trial day..

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
How many chances do you want to give him?

Last time it was brought up, you saw what the players thought, yet continue to ignore them.

It's happened before, and it will happen again if we're not listened to...
He never went to trial.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
The 31-7 was democracy, this is rule by the unelected board.

My concern is that the incompetence of the board in the handling of several situations will be reflected upon their handling of the trial, and I affirm that whatever the outcome I will not play with him. Period.
Well as the CWBCC is so imcompetent, why do you bother playing at all? Why doesn't everyone go on strike now and have the entire system strike? Very disappointing to see that this is the way a senior play considers the CWBCC.

A democracy is that every man has the right to a fair trial. People don't get sentenced to jail on the majority opinion of regular onlookers.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
It's only being strengthened, and it sickens me how the board are so spineless.
This clever comment has confirmed in my mind that the trial must go on. Surely if the CWBCC backs down now on the comments of players hired by it, that would be caving into pressure and quite spineless as well. Well done Neil, well done.

masterblaster

International Captain
Despite my opinions against Nikhil in this whole affair, I will have to go on record and say that I support the CWBCC in this situation.

There is nothing worse than being sentenced without a fair trial. Congratulations to Liam and the CWBCC for making the system a fair one for everybody. If I were in Nikhil's shoes, I sure would want a supportive Board like this one.

Well done to Liam and the CWBCC.

DJellett

International Debutant
What we all have to realise is that it's a game.
Whilst we all live in this fantasy land, which is all well and good by me, things are getting out of hand and the whole principle of the competition is being abused.
Nikhil is being personally ostracised for a passing comment he made.
He made that comment in his real persona, as an Indian cricket fan, and not in his CricketWeb XI guise.
Can we please respect Nikhil as the person that he is, and not the CW player he was

I don't agree with a lot of what Nikhil has to say, and the first time I heard about this I was shocked.
However, I thought that would be that.

Please, take a step back and have a look at yourselves.

Your real selves.

DJellett

International Debutant
Oh come on.

I have been a CWXI member since I joined.

AND I am not defending him, I am simply stating that the way YOU have handled it is disgraceful.

You have turned it into a personal attack on Nikhil.

DJellett

International Debutant
From the Player's Association Forum:

From what a proper poll should be:

Has Marc been a tyrant in the Nikhil saga?

100% YES

You're abusing your power Marcy Boy.

Get off Nikhil's back.
He is showing clear signs of snapping after your continued personal attacks.

Gee, Marc, how would you feel if you were the cause of Nikhil harming himself?

You must remember that attcking someone on CW is the same as attacking someone in person.

It will affect a person.