• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka and India in CWLand (Australia)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
looking forward to sinking a few beers in the cw bar whilst watching the boys dominate this tri series

how good is this. bout time we dont have to fly anywhere, my frequent flyer points are going nuts!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
The Second CWXI ODI Shirt has been realeased and it is a proud adddition to the Shirts Collection.

The Replica shirts have the same prices as the other ones but for an extra £2 you can have any of the follwoing numbers on your shirt: Blewy-1 Cloete-3 Eclipse-4 Wright-8 or the new kids: Toogood-6 or Halsey-9.
For an additional £3 pounds you choose the name and number(tihs is only avaliable at the CW Oval or PDV Dome)
Or you can get it for free and have Jamee-999 on it :P

Well all the talking is over here is the second CWXI Shirt....

PS: This is just designed to be a bit of an"add-on" to Neil's and not claiming that i made it all :tongue:

Attachments

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
The kit will go on sale to the general public at both the CW Oval and PDV Dome alongside all major sports outlets in the country on Friday, 10 September, with adult sizes at £29.99 and juniors £19.99. Owners of previous incarnations of the CW XI replica uniform can purchase at £19.99 and £12.99 respectively.
Do you still have to pay for it if you're playing in it?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jamee999 said:
The Replica shirts have the same prices as the other ones but for an extra £2 you can have any of the follwoing numbers on your shirt: Blewy-1 Cloete-3 Eclipse-4 Wright-8 or the new kids: Toogood-6 or Halsey-9.

Just a small point, but has Toogood played ODI?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jamee999 said:
The Second CWXI ODI Shirt has been realeased and it is a proud adddition to the Shirts Collection.

For an additional £3 pounds you choose the name and number(tihs is only avaliable at the CW Oval or PDV Dome)

PS: This is just designed to be a bit of an"add-on" to Neil's and not claiming that i made it all :tongue:

I seem to remember during the World Cup I asked for and was assigned the number - 87. Has the number allocation been reviewed?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
I seem to remember during the World Cup I asked for and was assigned the number - 87. Has the number allocation been reviewed?
No. Players are granted whatever number they wish, unless a more senior player also wants that particular number.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jamee999 said:

Jamee, you've mutilated it.

I'm sure we'll get a complete list of squad numbers from the board when the squad's announced.

cbuts

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
No. Players are granted whatever number they wish, unless a more senior player also wants that particular number.
i was never asked what number i wanted??

ash chaulk

International Captain
If i get selection i look forward to talking some smack to tendulkar.... In the nicest possible way

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i didn't read the thing properly so my first thread wouldn't have made sense...
i wanna pounce on laxman and dravid not inzy... i don't care about him

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator

PS: This is just designed to be a bit of an"add-on" to Neil's and not claiming that i made it all
Whats up with all these illegeal shirt sales that are cropping up without the boards approval?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka and India on CW turf

SCHEDULE

Friday 17th September
India vs CW Invitational XI
OD fixture
PDV Dome

Saturday 18th September
Sri Lanka vs CW Invitational XI
OD fixture
WACA

Sunday 19th September
India vs CWBCC Chairmans XI
OD fixture
PDV Dome

Monday 20th September
Sri Lanka vs CWBCC Chairmans XI
OD fixture
PDV Dome

Tuesday 21st September
CW XI ODI squad named

*Chairmans Trophy*

Wednesday 22nd September
CW XI vs Sri Lanka
Chairmans Trophy
CW Oval

Thursday 23rd September
India vs Sri Lanka
Chairmans Trophy
CW Oval

Friday 24th September
CW XI vs India
Chairmans Trophy
PDV Dome

Saturday 25th September
Rest day

Sunday 26th September
CW XI vs India
Chairmans Trophy
CW Oval

Monday 27th September
India vs Sri Lanka
Chairmans Trophy
PDV Dome

Tuesday 28th September
CW XI vs Sri Lanka
Chairmans Trophy
PDV Dome

Wednesday 29th September
Rest day

Thursday 30th September
1st Final
Chairmans Trophy
CW Oval

Friday 1st October
2nd Final
Chairmans Trophy
PDV Dome

Saturday 2nd October
Rest day
CW XI Test squad named

Sunday 3rd October
3rd Final (if necessary)
Chairmans Trophy
CWBCC Stadium

Monday 4th October
India depart

Tuesday 5th October
Sri Lanka vs CW Blue
4-day fixture
PDV Dome

Wednesday 6th October
Sri Lanka vs CW Black
4-day fixture
SCG

Thursday 7th October
Sri Lanka vs CW Red
4-day fixture
CW Oval

Friday 8th October
Rest day

*Test Series*

Saturday 9th October
CW XI vs Sri Lanka
1st Test
PDV Dome

Sunday 10th October
Rest day

Monday 11th October
Sri Lanka vs Australia
25Smash Exhibition
MCG

Tuesday 12th October
CW XI vs Sri Lanka
2nd Test
CW Oval

Wednesday 13th October
Rest day

Thursday 14th October
Rest day

Friday 15th October
CW XI vs Sri Lanka
3rd Test
CWBCC Stadium

Saturday 16th October
Tour ends with U2 concert as fundraiser for CWBCC with half the funds donated in the CW XI's name to Bono's AIDS work in Africa.

---

CW Green has not been granted any warmup fixtures due to Dev League scheduling conflicts. The CWBCC will ensure that they get a fixture on the next home stand.
Green players will get some exposure though, as the CWBCC Chairmans XI will be selected from the four CW teams, meaning that the corresponding Dev League fixtures will not feature those players.

A 12-man squad will be selected before each Test match and no player in that squad is allowed to play domestic cricket in the period between the naming of the squad and the start of the relevant Test. The 12th man will be released to join his/her Dev League team before the start of the Test.

Players and fans will be allowed to vote on the Man of the Series in collaboration with the Selection Panel and the CWBCC. More will be revealed concering this closer to the series beginning.