• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Club Contracts*

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The CWBCC is pleased to announce yet another innovation of the CW XI system. We will be releasing Cricket Web players to the option of club cricket during the offseason that they might stay sharp and improve their skills. Depending on the performance of the player, his/her stats will improve or suffer.

There will be the option of signing in one of three different competitions:

1. Country Cricket (hosted in England)
- Two internationals per team.
- British players can sign up as residents rather than internationals
Certain players will be approached by county teams through the CWBCC. We will contact such players by email or otherwise and pose the option of a stint in England.

If a player averages over 60 in at least 5 CC games, his/her simming average (skill) will be increased by 2 runs. If a player averages less than his/her current simming avge, the avge will drop by 1 run for every 5 runs less.
For the bowling: an average of 22 or less lowers the bowling average by 1. An average higher than the current will raise by 1 run for every 5 runs more.

2. American League (hosted in the U.S.A.)
- Unlimited number of internationals
Players may sign up to play here, but must be approved by the CWBCC if contracted.

Batting avge of 100 or more: skill raised by 2
Batting avge lower than current: skill drops by 3 runs per 5 runs less
Bowling avge of 12 or less: skill raised by 1
Bowling avge higher than current: skill drops by 2 runs per 5 runs more

3. Super Cup Cricket (hosted in Trinidad and Tobago)
- Three internationals per team
Players may sign up to play here, but must be approved by the CWBCC if contracted.

Batting avge of 80 or more: skill raised by 2
Batting avge lower than current: skill drops by 2 runs per 5 runs less
Bowling avge of 16 or less: skill raised by 1
Bowling avge higher than current: skill drops by 2 runs per 5 runs more

---

Averages and statistics will be posted at the end of each player's stint at his respective club but scorecards will not be.

---

Threads will be set up in the Players' Association forum where players can sign up for club contracts during the current offseason. The first to signup will be the first served with contracts.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Can I sign up for more than one league?Just one team in each league?Like I sign up for New York in the American Leagfue but can't sign up for any other American team yet i can sign up for a Super Cup team?

Mr Mxyzptlk

roseboy64 said:
Can I sign up for more than one league?Just one team in each league?Like I sign up for New York in the American Leagfue but can't sign up for any other American team yet i can sign up for a Super Cup team?
You can't play for two teams at the same time. It's physically impossible and contractually not allowed.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I was thinking more along the lines of just applying.The guys who are late signing up and just sign up for one and get rejected that's what i mean.I know you can't play in two leagues at once.

Mr Mxyzptlk

roseboy64 said:
I was thinking more along the lines of just applying.The guys who are late signing up and just sign up for one and get rejected that's what i mean.I know you can't play in two leagues at once.
Players won't be rejected unless there is no more room at a given club. Will you be playing in the U.S. or T&T?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nikhil4eva said:
so I cant play in this?
Considering that these are clubs independent of the CW XI, there's nothing preventing you from signing up. However, it won't improve your skill levels but it will keep you active in some capacity. Active CW XI players get first preference though, so you'll only get a contract if there is room after the active players sign up.

Deadlines for sign-up are as follows:
Saturday 23rd for the Super Cup.
Tuesday 26th for the American League.
Monday 25th for County Cricket.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
im hoping for a cwXI contract first... and then with yorks!! haha halsey i might be playing in tha us with you bro...

Simon

Liam, ive applied for the super cup in T&T, if i get accepted for that does that mean i can no longer be approached to play county cricket? because i would prefer to play there...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
The CWBCC is pleased to announce yet another innovation of the CW XI system. We will be releasing Cricket Web players to the option of club cricket during the offseason that they might stay sharp and improve their skills. Depending on the performance of the player, his/her stats will improve or suffer.
Yep just as co chairman liam said , id like to confirm it that this great new innovation in the system in CWXI will hope to move us on further progress and offer our players and members a lot more enjoyment and other options while playing for the CWXI

Tom Halsey

International Coach
broncoman said:
Liam, ive applied for the super cup in T&T, if i get accepted for that does that mean i can no longer be approached to play county cricket? because i would prefer to play there...
I echo that - but I've signed up for US anyway...

Mr Mxyzptlk

broncoman said:
You may be approached, but you'd not be on good relations with the club you'll have to break the contract with. :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha thats fine in my case, casue i doubt a club is going to ask me to play! well at least after everyone in CWXI was chosen anywhoo...