• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Pakistan and Bangladesh

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Let's have a think about this..

Certain starters:
Rich, Cloete, Blewy, Me [therefore all possible to miss the warm-up game].

We then need a wicketkeeper, opener, two batsmen (ideally one who can bowl) and three bowlers (and I'd like to see a second spinner in there).

So, for me, Xavier's fighting Dave, Ponting and Kyle for two slots, and Dylan is fighting Eyes and Pete for one...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Opening-wise, it's going to either be Eclipse or Pete, with the other likely to take the batting slot. Then it's between Marc, Broncoman and Toogood for the remaining spot.. all of which can act as a fifth bowler! Could go any way!

The side I'd pick:
Rich2001
+PY
Cloete
*Blewy
Eclipse
Toogood
Marc
Halsey
Ponting
Wright
Pickup

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
No probs with that.Loading up on batting are we?Why do you need two spinners?What does Toogood bowl?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not for the Reds you haven't been.

So it's 5 bats (1 of which keeps) then 2 bats who bowl a few overs, then 4 bowlers, 2 seam, 2 spin then Neil?

Maybe better to have an off and a leg for variety IMO.

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:

So it's 5 bats (1 of which keeps) then 2 bats who bowl a few overs, then 4 bowlers, 2 seam, 2 spin then Neil?

Yeah i guess.... you might be over me in the tests. But I've got the ODI's covred :P

But i seriously doubt how much bowling i'll get in the CWXI, and I don't really have any gripes over it. Maybe a few overs in the ODI's and taht's about it!

Cloete

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Let's have a think about this..

Certain starters:
Rich, Cloete, Blewy, Me [therefore all possible to miss the warm-up game].

We then need a wicketkeeper, opener, two batsmen (ideally one who can bowl) and three bowlers (and I'd like to see a second spinner in there).

So, for me, Xavier's fighting Dave, Ponting and Kyle for two slots, and Dylan is fighting Eyes and Pete for one...
How can't Eclipse be a certain starter?????? He's a better etst batsman than both Rich and Blewy!! He's pushing me for the CWXI batting supremacy as far as tests go!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
Yeah i guess.... you might be over me in the tests. But I've got the ODI's covred :P
Erm, who was one of the only bowlers not to lose it big time in the final and end up bowling their full quota? :p

Cloete said:
But i seriously doubt how much bowling i'll get in the CWXI, and I don't really have any gripes over it. Maybe a few overs in the ODI's and taht's about it!
In Asia we need part time spinners rather than seamers though...

And I don't believe the ODI squad is announced yet, so how do you know you're in? ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
How can't Eclipse be a certain starter?????? He's a better etst batsman than both Rich and Blewy!! He's pushing me for the CWXI batting supremacy as far as tests go!
All that said, he's been in poor international form lately.

Cloete

International Captain
My team for teh first warmup:

Rich2001 (C)
PY
Eclipse (VC)
Broncoman
Jason Toogood
Mard
Eyes Only +
Xavier Rose
Tom Halsey
Mr. Wright
Dave

My Test XI:

Rich2001
PY/Eyes Only +
Eclipse (Proven number 3 now, don't see how he could be overlooekd for that spot!)
Cloete (VC)
Blewy (C)
Marc71178
Jason Toogood/Broncoman
Mr. Ponting
Mr. Wright/Dave
Tom Halsey/Xavier Rose
Neil Pickup

Depends on a few people's form in the warm-ups (Halsey, Broncoman, Toogood, Eyes Only, PY, Xavier Rose, Dave, Mr. Wright). Even if Halsey doesn't fire in the warm-up I'd still rpobably have in there, I'd be the only spinning option apart form Neil otherwise and that's not good enough for the sub-continent IMO(Marc's Medium Pace isn't he?). Rest looks pretty set for me though!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:

We don't have any offies, unfortunately..

Is Broncoman's part-time off-spin? If it is, he's in.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nikhil4eva said:
I would have been in the ODI squad if I would have kept my damn mouth shut :(
You might have been, but then again you may not have been - there's no guarantees in this game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:
Depends on a few people's form in the warm-ups (Halsey, Broncoman, Toogood, Eyes Only, PY, Xavier Rose, Dave, Mr. Wright). Even if Halsey doesn't fire in the warm-up I'd still rpobably have in there, I'd be the only spinning option apart form Neil otherwise and that's not good enough for the sub-continent IMO(Marc's Medium Pace isn't he?). Rest looks pretty set for me though!
It's David Jr., not Dave who's in the squad.

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Erm, who was one of the only bowlers not to lose it big time in the final and end up bowling their full quota? :p

In Asia we need part time spinners rather than seamers though...

And I don't believe the ODI squad is announced yet, so how do you know you're in? ;)
I'm a leggie just for the record and i bowled 6 overs with a better economy than u in teh WC Final ;)... also I'm pretty sure it'd be hard to overlook teh 2nd highest CWXI World Cup run getter and average holder (410 @ 41) and the third highest CWXI career ODI avge of 45... even if it was a joke :p ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
We don't have any offies, unfortunately..

Is Broncoman's part-time off-spin? If it is, he's in.
He bowls seam. Xavier Rose can bowl offspin, but hasn't done so in his FC career to date.