Thread: Nikhil Nichani : The Decision

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar

Nikhil Nichani : The Decision

This is not a CWBCC decision, as Reuben has been having problems with his computer lately. This is made solely by me (half of the CWBCC) and can be adjusted as such when Reuben returns to action.

From this point onward, Nikhil Nichani will undergo a ban until the end of Season 7 of the Dev League, during which he cannot represent any CW team at any level.

However, the loophole of this ban sees that he can play cricket during this time for India 'A' and potentially India if selected. If he does do this, he will no longer qualify for selection to the CW XI and will have to re-qualify by playing 5 seasons playing for a CW team to do so.

The CWBCC will not encourage any form of severe personal attacks on Nichani during or after this period and, under the new CW Code of Conduct (due to be released in the next few days), if the Board sees fit, persons can be suspended for doing so.

That's basically all for now. We await Nikhil's decision on how he intends to approach the ban and whether any action will be taken against the CWBCC.

Liam Camps
    CWBCC
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    As a senior player, I advise others not to comment until a common position is established.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Decision made....I will play for India "A"
    liveyalifenikhilsway@hotmail.com -MSN

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Hello and welcome back
    Rain has stopped and palyers are back in the middle
    Play is about to stop

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Although I follow Neil's lead in this, I question if he's actually done anything to make him worthy of selection for India 'A' when compared to the players in there?

If it is deemed he has, I may feel obliged to make my own stand and support another side so that I can get an easy route into their side...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    As a senior player, I advise others not to comment until a common position is established.
    Further to this, a full statement will be released in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Indian
    Decision made....I will play for India "A"
    No punishment has been ratified, so as yet there is no decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    This is not a CWBCC decision, as Reuben has been having problems with his computer lately. This is made solely by me (half of the CWBCC) and can be adjusted as such when Reuben returns to action.

From this point onward, Nikhil Nichani will undergo a ban until the end of Season 7 of the Dev League, during which he cannot represent any CW team at any level.

However, the loophole of this ban sees that he can play cricket during this time for India 'A' and potentially India if selected. If he does do this, he will no longer qualify for selection to the CW XI and will have to re-qualify by playing 5 seasons playing for a CW team to do so.

The CWBCC will not encourage any form of severe personal attacks on Nichani during or after this period and, under the new CW Code of Conduct (due to be released in the next few days), if the Board sees fit, persons can be suspended for doing so.

That's basically all for now. We await Nikhil's decision on how he intends to approach the ban and whether any action will be taken against the CWBCC.

Liam Camps
    CWBCC

Now that comments are allowed, it strikes me that the CWBCC's handling of this situation is rivalling the ICC's handling of the Zimbabwe situation...

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Nikhil Nichani : The Decision

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam Camps
    CWBCC
    i have responded to liam just before and it said the same thing, briefly.. that i am standing by the decision he has come up with and fully support him by it.
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Thread Information