• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nikhil Nichani : The Decision

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is not a CWBCC decision, as Reuben has been having problems with his computer lately. This is made solely by me (half of the CWBCC) and can be adjusted as such when Reuben returns to action.

From this point onward, Nikhil Nichani will undergo a ban until the end of Season 7 of the Dev League, during which he cannot represent any CW team at any level.

However, the loophole of this ban sees that he can play cricket during this time for India 'A' and potentially India if selected. If he does do this, he will no longer qualify for selection to the CW XI and will have to re-qualify by playing 5 seasons playing for a CW team to do so.

The CWBCC will not encourage any form of severe personal attacks on Nichani during or after this period and, under the new CW Code of Conduct (due to be released in the next few days), if the Board sees fit, persons can be suspended for doing so.

That's basically all for now. We await Nikhil's decision on how he intends to approach the ban and whether any action will be taken against the CWBCC.

Liam Camps
CWBCC

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Although I follow Neil's lead in this, I question if he's actually done anything to make him worthy of selection for India 'A' when compared to the players in there?

If it is deemed he has, I may feel obliged to make my own stand and support another side so that I can get an easy route into their side...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
As a senior player, I advise others not to comment until a common position is established.
Further to this, a full statement will be released in due course.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
This is not a CWBCC decision, as Reuben has been having problems with his computer lately. This is made solely by me (half of the CWBCC) and can be adjusted as such when Reuben returns to action.

From this point onward, Nikhil Nichani will undergo a ban until the end of Season 7 of the Dev League, during which he cannot represent any CW team at any level.

However, the loophole of this ban sees that he can play cricket during this time for India 'A' and potentially India if selected. If he does do this, he will no longer qualify for selection to the CW XI and will have to re-qualify by playing 5 seasons playing for a CW team to do so.

The CWBCC will not encourage any form of severe personal attacks on Nichani during or after this period and, under the new CW Code of Conduct (due to be released in the next few days), if the Board sees fit, persons can be suspended for doing so.

That's basically all for now. We await Nikhil's decision on how he intends to approach the ban and whether any action will be taken against the CWBCC.

Liam Camps
CWBCC

Now that comments are allowed, it strikes me that the CWBCC's handling of this situation is rivalling the ICC's handling of the Zimbabwe situation...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Nikhil Nichani : The Decision

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam Camps
CWBCC
i have responded to liam just before and it said the same thing, briefly.. that i am standing by the decision he has come up with and fully support him by it.