• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official CW XI pre-WC tournamnet

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, it's been a long offseason for some and a well-needed break for others, but competitive cricket is finally here again. The CWBCC in conjunction with its sponsor, the CW Bar, announce the official pre-World Cup tournament.

This tournament will involve all active Cricket Web players and all matches will be given official List-A status (meaning that they will affect career averages). The purpose of the tournament is to keep the players fit as well as to assist the selectors in picking the 16 men and women who will represent us in the upcoming World Cup.

The teams competing will be as follows:

Blewy XI
Blewy (C)
Nibblet (vc)
Samuel Vimes (wk)
Craig
Ian Markus
StUEy
Patrick Fisher
Xavier Rose
Don Ricardo
David Kennett
Chris Hinton

Cloete XI
Cloete (C)
Bugssy (vc)
Adil Dewan (wk)
Age Master
C Buts
Broncoman
Lord of Darkness
Yaju Arya
Master Blaster
Sanz
Lucky Eddie

Rich_2001 XI
Rich_2001 (C)
Imran Khan Jr. (vc)
Eyes Only (wk)
Deeps
Jagaways
Krkode
Rolande
Chris Broadbent
Top Cat
Vishnu Reddy
R_Powell_fan

Marc71178 XI
Marc71178 (C)
Peter Young (vc)
Ash Chaulk (wk)
Gibbs N Smith
Nikhil Nichani
Jamee999
Ferd
Neil Pickup
Mr Ponting
Mr Wright
Tom Halsey

Langeveldt XI
Langevedt (C)
Eclipse (vc)
Ryan (wk)
Dylan Jellett
Paid the Umpire
Mr Mxyzptlk
SquidAU
Rik
Pratyush Agarwal
David Jr.
Dave

The structure will be as follows:

Monday 12th April
Rich_2001 XI vs Blewy XI
Cloete XI vs Langeveldt XI

Tuesday 13th April
Marc71178 XI vs Rich_2001 XI
Blewy XI vs Cloete XI

Wednesday 14th April
Langeveldt XI vs Marc71178 XI
Rich_2001 XI vs Cloete XI

Thursday 15th April
Marc71178 XI vs Blewy XI
Rich_2001 XI vs Langeveldt XI

Friday 16th April
Cloete XI vs Marc71178 XI
Blewy XI vs Langeveldt XI

The top 2 teams will then compete in the final on Saturday 17th April and the World Cup provisional 20 should be named by Monday 19th April. The final 16 will then be named on Wednesday the 21st April, with the other 4 players taking up position as injury replacements.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kudos to Liam for doing such a great job. Blewy's XI should be doing well - I hope to take many catches and score some valuable runs too :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I am honoured to be in the same team as the CWXI lead spinner. I hope I learn a lot.

Such as how to bowl inaccurately. :P:P:D

This is going to be cool...

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Liam, how come Jamee999 is in both Marc's XI and Rich's XI? lol

Apart from that, looks good mate.

Go Langeveldt's XI :D

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm in demand :lol:

Can I choose who I go to?

If so,based on the other players in the team...................

Marc71178 no offence Rich or anyone else.

Mr Mxyzptlk

AUST_HiTMaN said:
Liam, how come Jamee999 is in both Marc's XI and Rich's XI? lol

Apart from that, looks good mate.
There's a good reason for that. Long story short, Marc only got his own team two minutes before I posted.

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
In the Rich_2001 XI, well as long as im playing cricket i dont mind which team I'm in! (not saying i dont want to be in this team btw)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
C'mon the Blewy XI, We have a strong team and im confident we can do really well.....

To all teams, this is a perfect opportunity for everyone to cement a spot on the WC team, Speaking as the Captain of the Cricketweb team, i feel this is a great opportunity, the OD side IMO is as good as any in the world, and i feel the WC could really be the start of a CW era at the top. As the Board and Selectors know I am very confident of winning this WC, and this is a perfect opportunity for all players to book their seat on the flight...

Stand up and be counted for...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Blewy said:
the OD side IMO is as good as any in the world, and i feel the WC could really be the start of a CW era at the top.
Very true. I've been working on some stats recently - W/L records against each country, captaincy records etc. - and I figure the CW XI ODI record to be a creditable 23 wins in 37 matches for a 62.16% success rate. On the other hand, Tests are at 13.79%.

Cloete

International Captain
bugssy said:
woohoooo

go cloete"s x1

this is going to be cool..............

haha yeah damn right go the Cloete XI :thumbup:

I'm very honoured to captain the Cloete XI and to have such a team named after me... i just hope we can win and have a winning team named after me ;)

Come on team Cloete! Do me proud and I'll shout you all :pizza: and :beer: at Marc's bar :biggrin:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
well a request to everyone.. please dont ask to be changed to another team as the board and the selection panel have gone through a process to try and the sides as balanced as possible..

and the team names are to do with captains , ex captains, captains of dev teams etc to make it easy..

Lets play hard and play well !.. more to come soon