• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** CW XI in New Zealand Tour Thread

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yep got the file thanks Liam..

its great being one of the selectors in the panel and being in my country ! :) ill be there watching the games while im not playing in the dev a games back in aus.. have to fly back and forth..

There has been a meeting with the Martin Snedden of NZ cricket board and we are arranging the itenary for the tour currently.. and the itenary will be out very shortly..

Congragulations to the people that made the test squad ! Give it all your best and im sure this is going to be a very exciting tour to new zealand.. its a beautiful country and the test matches are going to be very intense and competitive..

As for now please continue training and dont go too far from the hotel or be out too late..just advise the coach on tour ( me ) before you go out so i can come looking if your lost.. and a tour of Auckland is planned for Saturday for the team..

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
Just a query, Do i have a say in team selections or is it all up to lord???
Team selections are up to the Panel. The Panel has a say and you're part of it.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
No worries, just got the impression that Lord was the sole selector for the matches.....

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
No worries, just got the impression that Lord was the sole selector for the matches.....
Nope.. as neil said the selection panel + cwbcc does the seletion based on match per match..

I just meant it being one of the selectors in that ( co president of cwbcc ) its just easier for me being in my home country watching the games and passing on my suggestions towards the panel when we meet after every match to decide the XI

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well So far the Pre tour games have been sheduled for..

Wednesday 11th January

Cricketweb XI vs Auckland ( 4 day ) at Eden Park Outer Oval, Auckland

Friday 13th January

Cricketweb XI vs Central Districts ( 4 day ) at Basin Reserve, Wellington

Sunday 15th January

Cricketweb XI vs Canterbury ( 4 day ) at Jade Stadium , Christchurch

No games until the wednesday 11th because the state of origin match ( north island vs south island ) takes place on sunday the 8th and the nz board has said that some players wished to take a short rest..

More news to come soon..

Mr Mxyzptlk

The selection material has been dispatched among the Panel and the XI to play Auckland will be named ASAP.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
No, most of us are using the break to put in some serious long and hard practise :P
well why wasnt i invited lol :P

"goes to bowling machine for a 3 hour workout"

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
bugssy said:
well why wasnt i invited lol :P

"goes to bowling machine for a 3 hour workout"
Don't worry Bugs...Neither was I!! :P

*Pulls on her Keeper's gloves and starts throwing a golf ball against the wall for catching practice*

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
A strong Auckland Squad named to play the first warmup match again Cricketweb XI tomorrow..

The CWXI squad to be named shortly..

Auckland

M Richardson
T McIntosh
+L Vincent
M Horne
R Nicol
K Mills
T Canning
A Adams
P Hitchcock
*B Walker
K Walmsley

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

The CW XI to play to Auckland:

Rich_2001
Eyes Only
Bugssy
Blewy (C)
Broncoman
Marc71178
Peter Young +
Master Blaster
Mr Ponting
Mr Wright
Neil Pickup

12th Man : David Jr.

Good luck!

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
OMG!! I'M IN THE TEAM!!

Very happy to have made it and will do my best to repay the selector's faith in me...

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The CW XI to play to Auckland:

Rich_2001
Eyes Only
Bugssy
Blewy (C)
Broncoman
Marc71178
Peter Young +
Master Blaster
Mr Ponting
Mr Wright
Neil Pickup

12th Man : David Jr.

Good luck!
Why am I always rested for tour games? It's like my best chance to get in some form.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:
Why am I always rested for tour games? It's like my best chance to get in some form.
You average 54.8 in Tests and 44.47 in ODIs! Chances are you're not out of form.