• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** CW XI in New Zealand Tour Thread

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Consider yourself lucky you even got the chance to play, when some of us went on tour and didn't ever get the call!

settledown, not my fault i got picked to play gees.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
settle down team mates.. we dont wanna pay the hotel people extra money for broken items thanks..

its not a sole effort .. the loss should be taken as a team loss on the whole.. dont take it on yourself bugs mate..its just 1 tour..and i dont think andre is directing at you.. you could probably easily fit in any other position in the team its just he said that we are lookin for a steady numer 7 kinda like a nigtwatchman that can settle the ship at all times..

Marc- yea mate i know lifes harsh.. wish youd rather be playing devs .. playing some important roles there showing the cwb whats up..?

Andre

International Regular
bugssy said:
hang on how can u just say that to one certain player, most ppl didnt set the world on fire on tour,

but na just put **** on me thats all good.

well i better not go on the world cup if im not up to your standards, and better not play any one day games against new zealand, as u need to get a quality number 7 batsmen., because on tour the number 7 batsmen was the only player that struggled.
It's not always about you. Had you read my original post properly, you would have seen I also spoke of the need for runs from the openers.

You can't shoot your mouth off and sulk every time someone says something that isn't 110% praise. That's life.

And for the record, you were numkber 7 in 2 of the Tests - not all 3, so I don't know what your getting so worked up about. It's only a sim - enjoy the fun rather than spoil it. It's not life and death.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bugssy, this is certainly out of the blue and unexpected. No one was targetting you and Andre's earlier post indicates nothing of the sort. It's best that you calm down or the CWBCC may have to take some form of disciplinary action.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
*******NEWSFLASH*************

bugs appoligizes for his outburst and was out of line. sorry he said what he said and agrees he will cope on the chin any disciplinary action dished out,

i never said it was always about me.

and playing 2 out of 3 tests is 66% at the number 7 spot so i think u could read it as being targeted at that batsmen.

ill shut up before i get in trouble. send me home if u must!

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
bugssy said:
and playing 2 out of 3 tests is 75% at the number 7 spot so i think u could read it as being targeted at that batsmen.
Actually, it's 66.6%.

If I was attacking you personally, I'd have been man enough to say Rob Malone rather than number 7...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
ease out end it here.. and lets look forward the naming of the 15/16 people that are picked for the ODI series and most likely will travel to the WC..

Cloete

International Captain
bugssy said:
*******NEWSFLASH*************

bugs appoligizes for his outburst and was out of line. sorry he said what he said and agrees he will cope on the chin any disciplinary action dished out,
************Newsflash*************

Bugs likes talking in third person too much :P

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yep im over it my mistake i appoligise lets get on with the one dayers and look forward to taking out the world cup

sorry team and cwx1 members

Mr Mxyzptlk

**Breaking News**

The CW XI ODI Squad to NZ is as follows:

1/ Blewy (C)
2/ Cloete (vc)
3/ Rich_2001
4/ Eclipse
5/ Gibbsnsmith
6/ Rik
7/ Peter Young +
8/ Lord of Darkness
9/ Master Blaster
10/ Bugssy
11/ Neil Pickup
12/ Mr Ponting
13/ Mr Wright
14/ David Jr.
15/ Eyes Only
16/ Mr Mxyzptlk

Also newsworthy is that Bugssy will serve a two-game suspension effective immediately for his earlier outbursts. This is not to say that there are hard feelings between the named player and the CWBCC, but it is our policy that such things do not go unpunished.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
Congratuations to all those seleted.

A disclaimer - this is NOT the World Cup squad by any means. The 15 selected obviously have the front running for squad places because of their international exposure, but as a selector I can assure all players they will considered - in fact, I'd be very suprised if this was the final Cup squad, so don't despair.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Re: **Breaking News**

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The CW XI ODI Squad to NZ is as follows:

1/ Blewy (C)
2/ Cloete (vc)
3/ Rich_2001
4/ Eclipse
5/ Gibbsnsmith
6/ Rik
7/ Peter Young +
8/ Lord of Darkness
9/ Master Blaster
10/ Bugssy
11/ Neil Pickup
12/ Mr Ponting
13/ Mr Wright
14/ David Jr.
15/ Eyes Only

:O :O :O

OMG I'M IN THE TEAM!!

After having to go the funeral of one of my dearest friends and mentors yesterday, this has certianly brightened my day. I hope I get a chance to repay the selector's faith in me.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Truly a good upcoming squad well balanced with experience and youth which is a good mix for our future and the world cup ahead.. congrats to all the people that might be making their debuts.. you have truly done well to deserve a spot and continue to work hard..

Indoor Training at Eden Park Indoor Nets/Bowling Machine and Gymnasium at Thursday 12-2 with a half an hour break then 2;30 to 4;30..

And exercise/running in the morning at 8 followed by a relaxing time at the pools..

First ODI - Sunday 7th March 2004 at Eden Park , Auckland..

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i am excited to be named in the 15 man squad but i guess i am disapointed in being suspended for 2 games, but if thats is what all the board members have agreed with, then i guess i am coping it on the chin, with it being my first disciplinary matter i thought a warning could have been justified, anyway i guess while u guys are playing i will be watching on and using the local juniors to have a hit in the practise nets.

Mr Mxyzptlk

**Break News**

After careful consideration by the Selection Panel, it was agreed that extra batting is required in the ODI squad. As such, the squad has been expanded to 16 and the additional player will be Marc71178.