• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Captain's Say

Cloete

International Captain
Ok well as captain I would just like to say a few things.

1.) I am extremely pleased that my team has solved the issues that for too long have divided us. Throughout the situation I have remained neutral and have hardly commented. I felt both sides had good points. But I don't want to dwell on matters of the past.

2.) Selection has been a huge problem. Which of course is dividing the team. As captain I will pick who ever I think is best in the team. However I do feel it very unfair that selcectors/board members have a stronger say over me. As captain I feel I should have as strong as input as any if not greater. I will try my hardest to sort out any feud's that happen to divide the team.

3.) I am declaring Blewy as my vice-captain. He was in the Rebel's team and I feel he can help me sort out feud's . As well as this he has been an extremely prominent figure in th ODI team as well as being a good Test batsman. Blewy and I have amassed some of the biggest partnerships recorder in CWXI hsistory and so we are both well acquainted with each other. I'm sure he'll be of great help and will ocntinue to play well.

4.) Basically I just want you all to respect the board's decisions. I know it's extremely hard but if I feel wrong doing's have occured (as was the case I felt with Neil) I won't be afraid to say so. But with the new selection panel being introduced I'm sure things will imrpove. But above all I want the CWXI t ogel as a team and keep going the way we have been. We have been able to upset some big teams and have done an extremely good job.

5.) Above all I want to leave where Rich left off. He was a brilliant captain and I was more than happy to be his vice. I will try my darndest to get the sort of respect he managed to bring out in all of you. And I hope Blewy can experience the same sort of thing I felt working under Rich.

First and foremost though, let's put everything behind us and look forward to the future as we can hopefully win as many as possible and I want to see everyone performing as well as I know you all can. Above all let's have some fun :)

Note: At the current time I am captain and blewy is my vice. A vote of captaincy will be conducted soon however. And I urge you all to keep me in and Blewy as my vice. I have served under Rich a long time and am sad to see him go, but having said that I am also happy to step up to captaincy for I feel I am now ready for such a task. After being one of the 5 most capped players and one of the most consistent batsman for quite some time I feel I have deserved my place. Blewy has also done the same. But having said that I want the captain to have respect from all his team members. So I leave the decision ultimately up to you, I hope you pick well and go for who you want. And give all due respect to the captain.

cheers,
Current CWXI Captain
Cloete

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just to confirm that Cloete is the captain until a new captain is elected. An election will be held before the next tour.

Rich2001

International Captain
Andrew how can you select Blewy as your vice cap when he doesn't even play for the CW XI - Or has he suddenly jumped ships again? :rolleyes:

Cloete

International Captain
Rich2001 said:
Andrew how can you select Blewy as your vice cap when he doesn't even play for the CW XI - Or has he suddenly jumped ships again? :rolleyes:
As far as I know all issues have been resolved and the rebel team is no longer around.

Blewy I feel is extremely deserved of this position and was one the people who wanted the issues to be resolved. He has supplied good ideas and I am happy to have him by my side if he wishes to be my vice.

If he does not I will make a decision later. But I hope he does wish to take up my offer.

Rich2001

International Captain
Cloete said:
As far as I know all issues have been resolved and the rebel team is no longer around.

Blewy I feel is extremely deserved of this position and was one the people who wanted the issues to be resolved. He has supplied good ideas and I am happy to have him by my side if he wishes to be my vice.

If he does not I will make a decision later. But I hope he does wish to take up my offer.
I read there was a vote of confidence - didn't seem to indicate everything is sorted... surely they would want to know the answer before coming back, or it was a bit pointless leaving in the first place, if the same people are voted for as the same problems would still obviously be around :-S

Anyway I played this game for a bit of fun and that is the way it will stay. It's just seems everyone is trying to make it all to serious and it's just bickering everytime I visit the forums at the end of the day people it's a game (no it's not even that, it's a simulation) you all need to chill and enjoy it for a change, who cares if you don't play every game - Your still in the sourrandings and if your not playing in the CW XI your in the A or B or Devs side anyway.

Cloete

International Captain
Rich2001 said:

Anyway I played this game for a bit of fun and that is the way it will stay. It's just seems everyone is trying to make it all to serious and it's just bickering everytime I visit the forums at the end of the day people it's a game (no it's not even that, it's a simulation) you all need to chill and enjoy it for a change, who cares if you don't play every game - Your still in the sourrandings and if your not playing in the CW XI your in the A or B or Devs side anyway.
Exactly. That's what i really whant to try and achieve as captain. If there are any feud's I hope I can sort them out. And at the end of the day I just want to see everybody enjoying playing for the CWXI, The A's or The B's.

Oh and Liam if I am re-selected captain I would liek to withdraw my request to play in the Development leagues. As I would like to captain the side in all the tour's and hopefully try out some new players of who I can judge from a better perspective. Because if we are going to challenge in the World Cup we need depth. Also it gives some more people a go.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanx for the support Andy...
At this point in time im fully involved in trying to mend the broken bridges between the CWBCC and the Rebel XI, however once all the troubles are solved it would be a honour and a priviledge to be VC of the CW XI and i would definatley throw all my support behind Andrew as skipper...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Cloete and Blewy i dont really know what you guys are against me for giving me a NO in the vote of confidence.. to clear it .. i havent made any sole decisions on my own and ive worked hard along with liam to get work done for the CWXI and the devs in different areas.. it would be great if you guys should a little more support in getting things back together and running like gold again.. i think thats the point rich was trying to make aswell..

Cloete

International Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
Cloete and Blewy i dont really know what you guys are against me for giving me a NO in the vote of confidence.. to clear it .. i havent made any sole decisions on my own and ive worked hard along with liam to get work done for the CWXI and the devs in different areas.. it would be great if you guys should a little more support in getting things back together and running like gold again.. i think thats the point rich was trying to make aswell..
TBH i don't really have much against you at all. but I feel as I want to do what's right by the team and at the moment th emajority of the team is unhappy with you for certain selection reasons. but I'm not going to judge whether you were right or wrong.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
Mate its nothing personal, but from my point of view i feel that there is way to much confusion in the running of the CW XI and i feel the best way to clear this out is to get 1 sole person running the show.. Now from where i stand and what i see the majority of the work SEEMS to be done by Liam and i feel he is the one who would best run this show with the assistance of the proposed selection committee..
As for trying to get things sorted ATM that is my main concern, i was very dissapointed i couldn't be at the meeting today cause i really wanted to say a few things but thats bad luck unfortunatley..

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well the only reason there were 2 people on the board is the workload is shared.. and in the new system the vote comes through as only 1..

and yea me and liam do share the work.. ive asked him many a time that im more than free to help him with devs to ease the pressure on him..but he said when he needs the help he will surely tell me, hes managing fine :)
And yea it is a lot helpful to have another opinion on various things for the devs etc , small matters..

and for the cwxi both him and me do 1 tour each to add variety and different creative things just to make it interesting , with tour shedules etc.. and managing averages etc for the tour..

We have worked very well together right from when this was created and never have we really come into an argument of any sort.. so im saying why should something that went so well together stop?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate i have always said to you this isn't personal..

The main concern i have with having 2 people in charge is this...
Chairman of Selectors: CEO of CWBCC (if 2 people, they share 1 vote)
3 members as follows:
1 - representative of the newly formed CWPA (Player Association)
2 - a non-player agreed on by general consensus
3 - a tour-by-tour selection member. This member will be appointed by the CWBCC, but cannot be a member of the CWBCC.
Now to me that leave us were we are now, and there aint alot of people happy about it... So i feel a change is needed thats why i voted a no...
:( :( :(

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
lord_of_darkness said:
Cloete and Blewy i dont really know what you guys are against me for giving me a NO in the vote of confidence..
I seem to remember you told the Rebels not to try and pressure anyone on their voting, and said you'd do the same...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blewy said:
Now to me that leave us were we are now
No, it leaves us with the current board having 1/4 the votes, plus a nominee as anothr 1/4 of the votes.

Far different from 100%!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
However I do feel it very unfair that selcectors/board members have a stronger say over me.
Until selected for the squad, there's no way you can have a say as technically there is no captain UNTIL a squad is named.

As IRL, the captain doesn't have as big a say as the selectors do, which is the thinking behind the committee of 4.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
AFAIAC this needs to be sorted out ASAP...

Things are starting to get way out of hand and people are starting to take things to personally..
We all need to remember its just a bit of FUN....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmm... perhaps some friendly competition would help?

What about a beach cricket festival? Neil?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Hmmm... perhaps some friendly competition would help?

What about a beach cricket festival? Neil?
LOL yeah i like that Beach Cricket Game :P :P :P

Seem to recall i have a good record there :P :P :P