Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Successful Meeting Outcome

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

A Successful Meeting Outcome

After protracted negotiations, the 5 attendees of the meeting have reached what is hopefully the first step towards reunification:

The Vote of Confidence has been issued, and is open to all players.

If both Reuben and Liam win their votes, then they retain joint-CEO status, if only 1 wins, he becomes sole CEO. If both lose, then proper elections will be made for a new CEO (with all nominees backed by a proposer and seconder)

The CWBCC will be a minimum of 2 people (including CEO) plus any co-opted on to help by the CEO and his board.

Selection Committee:

This will be completely revamped as follows:

Chairman of Selectors: CEO of CWBCC (if 2 people, they share 1 vote)
    3 members as follows:
    1 - representative of the newly formed CWPA (Player Association)
    2 - a non-player agreed on by general consensus
    3 - a tour-by-tour selection member. This member will be appointed by the CWBCC, but cannot be a member of the CWBCC.

Once squads are selected, the captain will be added to the committee, but will only vote if there is a deadlock.

At any stage (between tours), the representative of the CWPA by the members of the CWPA can be challenged subject to rules agreed on the final formation of the CWPA.
    Likewise, a motion of no-confidence can be placed in the non-player.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    The Rebel Command (sorry, Star Wars still on mind...) urge all rebels to voice their opinions in the Vote of Confidence threads.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

The other minor issues discussed over the course of the meeting:

1/ Contracts
    2/ Inactive players

1) Contracts
    The move for contracts was scrapped. There will be no contracts.

2) Inactive Players
    An inactive player is considered as one who does not post in the CW XI forum with any regularity. The inactive players will be relegated to Dev League duty where they will not play until they:-

a/ become active again
    or
    b/ are called upon due to the desperation of injury or loss of form by an active player

Seems like a successful meeting and a good step toward resolving this dispute...
    On query...

3 - a tour-by-tour selection member. This member will be appointed by the CWBCC, but cannot be a member of the CWBCC.
    By saying "cannot be a member of the CWBCC" does this mean no player?? Cause i feel that a NON-Player must attain this position to keep the fairness..

My interpretation is that that particular elected person may be a player or a non-player but can not be a Board member. The Board in possible collaboration with the panel will choose this person.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    im happy at the success of the outcome of the meeting.. lets hop everything goes well from here on.
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Is it just me or some garys on a crazy power trip. I mean its only a fun filled game. This revolution is just stupid. Liam had a dream, to run CWXI. Its been successful, and provided many with hours of enjoyment. Instead everything is turned upside down by some unnecessary shizzle.
    "Matt Damon"

Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    My interpretation is that that particular elected person may be a player or a non-player but can not be a Board member. The Board in possible collaboration with the panel will choose this person.
    I thought it would be appointed by the board on their own, but he cannot be a member of the board.

I thought it would be appointed by the board on their own, but he cannot be a member of the board.
    yep that what we decided on the cwbcc would decide on that one.. and he would be carry on the selection panel based on his performance..

In effect the votes of no confidence were un-necessary since the committee the vote was against was as good as disbanded and replaced as an outcome of the meeting!

All that's needed now is for the Board to pick their selector, and a non-player to be elected.

Breaking News!

The reformed CWBCC in collaboration with non-player representative, Andre, has elected Master Blaster as the inital TBT (tour-by-tour) selection member. This means that he will be part of the selection panel at least until the end of the upcoming New Zealand tour. Congratulations and good luck.

Selection meetings will be held via e-mail or MSN. Stay tuned.

Yep the board ( liam and myself ) made this decision backed up by the NON player rep ( andre ). We based this decision on someone who has CWXI experience and has been in this for a good amount of time.. Im sure sangrah would be glad to recieve this position and we have a lot of faith in his capibilities.

He will start soon on the tour to nz on the Selection panel

the last spot on the selection panel ( Players Rep ) is un decided as yet..

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    "Dear CWBCC and Its Players, I am absoultely honoured and delighted with my appointment as Tour By Tour Selection Member with the CWBCC.

This came as a wonderfully pleasant surprise, and I shall endeavour in always trying my best, being fair and equal to all of the CWBCC and all its players. I look forward to the many challenges that my role awaits, and as always will be striving for my best all the time.

I look forward to cementing a solid relationship with the Coach, Staff and Players of the CWBCC.

Thank You"

Sangrah
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

i would be happy to help but no one loves me, everybody hates me, and doesnt want my help :P
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information